April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

25 May 2018 13:26 #21217 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
I was brushing my teeth the other morning (Monday) and in walked the biggest goddam spider, not hugely long legs, just a large body. It strolled right on past me. I have a vacuum kind of spider catcher which I ran and grabbed and started to try & suck it up the tube and it bloody well JUMPED, like a puppy would do, to try to get away.

It was too big to suck up the tube but I kept trying until it ran to the bath and behind the bath panel (there's a gap)

I had to leave for work but I put a glass in the bathroom so if I saw it again i'd catch it that way. Nothing Monday night, nor Tuesday. I slept very uneasily both nights. Came home Wednesday and on the landing was the spider, just chilling, Quincie (my dog) went to play with it and it ran toward the bathroom again but I managed to catch it in the glass. Damn, close up it's body was about the size of a 5p piece!
What the hell are UK spiders eating!!

Anyway, I managed not to have to burn the house down.

As it's been the focus of my week I thought i'd share.

True story,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2018 13:47 #21218 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

Anyway, I managed not to have to burn the house down.

As it's been the focus of my week I thought i'd share.

True story,

I would still burn the house down and salt the earth, it's the only way to be sure.

25 May 2018 15:19 #21221 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
I’m considering it Banj, what if it was pregnant and laid it’s spawn 8-/

25 May 2018 15:23 #21223 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
:eek:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

29 May 2018 13:21 #21241 by Charlotte
Please post again Kaz so we know you haven't been eaten by them baby spiders... :blink:

In other news I've tried to update my linkedIn profile. I never use the thing and mostly delete all the spam I receive from there, but I figured it was due for an update (and it's faster than updating my entire website). I can't figure out how the skills thingy work, though. They say I should be able to choose three top skills, but I can apparently only choose between the three they already chose for me. I can add skills but I can't decide which group of skill sets LinkedIn think they should belong to... So "ArtRage" can be listed as a skill ("Other") but not as a tool skill... Does anyone on here use LinkedIn at all? Have any tips?

Also I seem to be "only 8 connections away!" so if anyone wants to connect in not actually using LinkedIn, feel free to find me.

29 May 2018 13:49 #21242 by Banj
I keep getting connection requests even though I don't recall ever creating an account, and when I have attempted to log in to the account I don't recall ever creating it doesn't seem to exist (which would adhere to my recollection of never creating it). :unsure: :huh: :S :dunno:

29 May 2018 13:55 #21244 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
The only thing I know about LinkedIn is that it's not pronounced "Lin Kedin" but despite that my brain reads it that way every time. :S

29 May 2018 16:14 #21246 by Charlotte
:lol: Valence, you must be a swede at heart. or brain... That's how many swedes pronounce it. And then there's a new acquaintance of mine who insists on using "Goggle". My boss keeps saying things like "Swedish Business Allians" (pronouncing the last word in Swedish every time) and "Bag-uh-ette" although the u should be silent. It drives me nuts - but I'm sure I mispronounce plenty of words, as well... :blush:

29 May 2018 16:36 #21248 by Banj

29 May 2018 16:38 - 29 May 2018 16:42 #21249 by Charlotte
:blink: shouldn't that be "grammar"?

EDIT: :lol: (Now I've watched it too....)