April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

15 Jan 2018 13:46 #19870 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
And did he die a long painful and agonizing death?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2018 13:50 #19871 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
well.... not exactly? But he was kind of made to feel silly about it, I think? :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

15 Jan 2018 15:43 #19875 by Charlotte
Tonight I'll probably watch Legend of Hercules (I think it was called that, but then again Sweden sometimes renames the English titles and give them OTHER English titles, so I can't be certain). It seems like the kind of thing I would have seen already but I can't remember seeing it... :unsure:

15 Jan 2018 17:59 #19882 by Charlotte
*sniff*
www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42696376

(I'll never quite understand why the death of celebrities will always end up in the "entertainment" section of news...)

16 Jan 2018 17:01 - 16 Jan 2018 17:27 #19896 by Charlotte
yay :?
Today I bought an inflatable guest matress because I had checked and when it's packed it's 14 cm high, and the "under the bed basket" I meant to put it in is 16 cm high inside. NOW I checked the height of the furniture the +16 cm box is to be placed under, and it's.... 16 cm. :dry:

It's not one of those IKEA pieces of furniture where I can just get some taller legs, either. It has solid wood posts as legs/frame and armrests. Good ideas, anyone? (I can place the boxes under my own bed instead but that wasn't quite what I had in mind...)

EDIT: nope can't do that either *grumbles* The box is a total of 19 cm high and my bed seem to be about 18 cm... Maybe I can just try to break into that empty* chest my dad locked the keys in...

*except for the keys needed to open it...

16 Jan 2018 21:34 #19897 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
Are you wanting to store it? I’m not sure what you are wanting to do, I think we need piccies :)

17 Jan 2018 00:23 #19898 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
This sounds suspiciously like a new version of Tetris. Maybe if you line up the mattress, the basket and the chest on the floor then they'll all disappear and everything above will drop down one level.
Problem solved!? :S :lol:

In other "Why bother painting?" news I just watched the start of the new Portrait Artist Of The Year TV series, one of my fave shows of the week and yet so very depressing. That little David Tennant picture was glorious! I know I'm supposed to be inspired but it always tends to have the opposite effect.
Why bother? :)

17 Jan 2018 07:35 #19902 by Charlotte

Are you wanting to store it? I’m not sure what you are wanting to do, I think we need piccies :)

17 Jan 2018 11:40 #19904 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
I too am not quite sure just what you are wanting to do... But as far you mentioning the legs needing to be taller?

It's not one of those IKEA pieces of furniture where I can just get some taller legs, either.

If you do need to make the legs longer, then you can always put adjuster/extensions on their bottoms. They sell all kinds of extensions for furniture, from simple screw-ins that adjust, to solid standard extensions, depending on how much adjustment you need. Example: extensions

I've done both myself. Added extensions to raise an item up a tad, or carefully taken off some of the bottom of the legs to lower it. But hope this helps ya?....

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

17 Jan 2018 11:43 #19905 by Charlotte
yeah longer legs. That's what I need. Er, for my sofa. I've looked at extensions on Swedish sites but they've been clunky, ugly and expensive. I'll take a look at that search result and see if I can find something affordable elsewhere :)