March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Totally Random

02 Jan 2018 20:55 #19732 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Dinner For One? Isn't that a German thing to do? Or has it spread to Sweden too? :lol:

Anyhoo... I'm not really one for making New Year resolutions, due to the arbitrary nature of of it all and having no interest in making promises that I have no intention of keeping. And yet this year I seem to have inadvertantly made the resolution to fill up as many bins as possible with failed drawings. Only two days in and I've collected and disposed of a surprising number of disasters!
I would say that it's time to get back to the drawing board but that's where the problems seem to lie. :lol:

PS. I am now finally onto the tub of Celebrations and I think my preferred pick from that selection is the Maltesers Teaser (definitely not the Bounty.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2018 08:07 #19734 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
*recognises the name Bounty*

It's the German AND Swedish thing to do. They've shown Dinner for one at 7.45 pm on New Year's Eve for as long as I can remember.... And I missed it! :argh:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

04 Jan 2018 12:14 #19740 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
Bounty is one of the best in the celebrations.

05 Jan 2018 00:00 #19746 by Valence
When it comes to sweets, Banj is clearly some Bizarro, mirror-version, shadow-self of me with his crazy coffee creams and Bounty bars.
We should team up and together we could consume every sweet from every selection box in the entire universe! Nothing will stand in our way.

And I'm glad that we've finally found some chocolate that Charlotte knows about. :lol:
What kind of sweets do you get in Sweden?

05 Jan 2018 08:19 #19748 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
Do they still have coffee creams or have they been reintroduced? I know they disappeared as they used to be my second favourite, with orange being my first. Yum!

bounty's are ok,

Over Christmas we had a tub of Heroes and a tub of celebrations, I've had in total 3 creme egg heroes. My sense of chocolate timing is amiss I think!

05 Jan 2018 08:25 #19750 by Charlotte
I think we have quite a lot of sweets.... o.O But I generally prefer dark chocolate. I used to like bounty but these days I find it way too sweet. Like most things...

Also, to make it harder to compare, I think a lot of things have different (yet non-swedish) names here... But brand names would be Marabou, Lindt, Cloetta, Fazer, and probably a whole lot more that I can't even think of...

05 Jan 2018 12:47 #19764 by Valence
We get Lindt chocolates too but I don't know of the others mentioned.

Thankfully coffee creams haven't been in Quality Street for some time now. Personally, I think it's by far the worst sweet ever invented but then I don't even like coffee to drink. It's certainly very divisive in a love/hate kind of way and I remember that Revels tv advert that made a russian roulette joke out of it.
Much more annoyingly for me is the way they recently replaced the Toffee Deluxe with the Honeycomb Crunch. I don't mind the latter but I really liked that Toffee Deluxe. :(

05 Jan 2018 13:25 #19765 by Charlotte
Marabou and Cloetta are Swedish companies I think, while Fazer is Finnish. I don't drink coffee but like the occassional coffee flavoured chocolate.

I'm starting to get a craving for truffles now. Question is should I buy the sugary ones that risk giving me a migraine or make my own... :hmm:
(Well, neither, just now, anyway...)

05 Jan 2018 14:13 #19766 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
I am a little bit addicted to Lindt Lindor, I just can't have them in the house, and I'm not really a great chocolate lover. Another addiction is Thorntons Viennese Truffles, just don't get me started, I could eat a world of them.

I sound like a chocolate lover don't I!

I never understood that advert Val, coffee was a win!

05 Jan 2018 16:23 #19770 by Valence
It's funny cos it's true, you'd beat me every time, Kaz. My reaction was always just like this. (And I didn't like the orange either.)