April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Aaaarrrghh! (computer issues)

29 Aug 2017 16:47 - 29 Aug 2017 16:48 #17858 by Digital Dave
Well, mine didn't have a stick either, just the two knobs. :D ... But that thing was awesome. It produced many. many hours of entertainment, and it definitely help one to learn eye-hand coordination! And to re-boot, you just turned it upside-down and shook it! ....Ah, the good ole' days. :lol:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Aug 2017 07:12 #17863 by Charlotte
grr computer ate my reply... The screen does look familiar but I don't remember it being red with knobs. Perhaps we had some variety or perhaps I remember it wrong, but I think our were yellow with a little plastic stick/pen... Though the idea that you can only make straight lines does seem familiar too and doesn't quite compute with the pen idea... :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

06 Sep 2017 14:22 #18004 by Charlotte
:woohoo: I followed my brother's advice (finally lol) and it worked. I now have my monitor back! Now I just have to move the laptop and keyboard around again so I dont have to use the laptop keyboard with the lid half way closed...

06 Sep 2017 15:56 - 06 Sep 2017 16:00 #18010 by Digital Dave
Good to hear. :) ... But I thought you were trying to work with multiple monitors? Sounds like you are hooking up the external keyboard (which I can understand, since I too hate using laptop keyboards) but then just using the external monitor alone? At least that's what it sounds like, when you say you're keeping the lid partially closed on the laptop, I mean. ... If so, you're using it like many here do, with the laptop just being utilized as the computer, instead of using a box style.

06 Sep 2017 16:07 #18011 by Charlotte
Yeah, I'm just using the main (big,external) monitor and using the laptop as the computer, but now it found the monitor again I can use both monitors if I wish. I think. I haven't tried... :p

06 Sep 2017 16:42 #18013 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Aaaarrrghh! (computer issues)
What lesson have you learned Charlotte......:D

06 Sep 2017 18:10 #18014 by Charlotte
uhm... :hmm: That brothers are sometimes good for something?

06 Sep 2017 19:26 #18017 by Digital Dave

Yeah, I'm just using the main (big,external) monitor and using the laptop as the computer, but now it found the monitor again I can use both monitors if I wish. I think. I haven't tried... :p

Well, if they are different size monitors, you might find just using the larger one to be best? I know for me, I've used multiple monitors in the past that were not the same size, (though close) and the switching between the two was a bit aggravating. (I honestly didn't expect it would be, but it was) Namely, or more so, when using spreadsheets or similar programs using fonts. Having the font get smaller on one screen, especially when you're trying to compare data on two or more sheets, is not fun. But this is even more exaggerated, if you're having any issues with your eyes, such as I am now. :)