April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Oct21 - Orctober WIPs

12 Oct 2021 14:21 #37203 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic CGAN Oct21 - Orctober WIPs
Just knocked it out over a cup of coffee, like how Tony Stark casually invented time travel 

(I started it the evening the challenge was posted and was going to wait until I finished the armour, but haven't done much since about Wednesday. So a few hours over several days)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2021 14:26 #37204 by Charlotte
:dry:
I think I'd need an awful lot more than a few hours for that face, and the hands, and the folds in the sleeves and.... :pout:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

12 Oct 2021 14:51 #37205 by Banj
Valence already has bondage gear, painted textures, and a rig with eagle eyes and kung-fu action grip 

12 Oct 2021 15:01 #37206 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic CGAN Oct21 - Orctober WIPs
But the straps have been the most difficult, time consuming thing so far. :lol:
May experiment with a bit of hair later. ;)

13 Oct 2021 12:34 #37231 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic CGAN Oct21 - Orctober WIPs
All that 3d stuff blows my mind - I'm not sure I'd have the patience to even attempt to begin to think about possibly starting something like that.

The rim light on yours Segujo has really bought it to life, love the texture of his skin too!

I've been through quite a few iterations on this one but rather than flood the thread with a load of images I've conveniently (and rather hurriedly) popped the best of them into a single image.

Yeah, these are the best of them so you can see how much I'm struggling after my recent kidney op.

The last one is the one I'm running with. I wanted something that wasn't green this month and I liked the pose of the reference - something about it reminded me of those old western photos of Native American chiefs. I've always found those photos very sad, the defiant poses of people who were slaughtered and starved by early settlers and the way they're  apparently oblivious to their fate. I may have to do some more reserch and push that idea a little further.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

13 Oct 2021 14:20 #37232 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic CGAN Oct21 - Orctober WIPs
Managing to focus a little better today though I now feel I need a Scum break - 

Still, progress....

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

13 Oct 2021 14:43 #37235 by Charlotte
Aw I was looking forward to a green lady. But I like the idea of a dark skinned orc too. They're more like the orcs in LOTR, too. :) And you've made quite a lot of progress, it seems to me. :)

15 Oct 2021 17:56 #37286 by Banj
Good to see more entries taking shape. Here's some more from me...

Bit more armour detail and started to work on his face a little, I still need to work on asymmetry.

A start on the weaponry that I posted in the other 3d thread already. I need to get working on his shield.
Attachments:

15 Oct 2021 18:03 #37287 by Charlotte
I like the li'l blep face on his chest! :D

15 Oct 2021 20:17 #37288 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic CGAN Oct21 - Orctober WIPs
Looks enviously excellent. :)

I do hope his clothes stay on him when he moves. :dry:

My strippergram orc is indeed a bone weight issue and I know now how to solve it but I can't really solve it at this moment, unless I merge all the objects which I don't want to do just yet.
But I did experiment with some hair and managed to colour it so that it darkens at the roots...

I also tried giving him eyebrows but that went crazy-wrong and trying to delete those hairs went bad too so in the end I just had to "move" his eyebrows behind the camera. :P
Still not quite sure if it works but it's easy enough to go back to complete baldness. 
Attachments: