April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN April 2021 - New Master - WIPs

01 Apr 2021 11:29 #34301 by Banj
New Master

Brief: Create a sci-fi/fantasy themed portrait in the style of an old master (e.g. as if painted by Rembrandt, DaVinci, Carravaggio etc.). You are free to pick whichever artist you like to mimic.

Deadline: Friday the 30th of April at midnight (UTC).

This thread is where you post your WIPs (work in progress), final entries should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...master-final-entries

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challenge-rules/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight UTC) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2021 17:14 - 07 Apr 2021 17:15 #34369 by Valence
Cyberpunk Girl with an Earring? :dry:

Attachments:

07 Apr 2021 17:41 #34370 by Charlotte
What's this? :ohmy: Progress? *gasp*

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

07 Apr 2021 22:44 #34375 by Valence
Early progress too! :ohmy:

Only 23 days to finish. :whistle:

16 Apr 2021 11:37 #34451 by Charlotte
Not 23 days anymore :unsure:

But I think I might have come to a decision regarding both the artist and the portrait model. And although it's far from a likeness at this point I think you might be able to identify the person from the gear....

Attachments:

16 Apr 2021 13:01 #34453 by Banj
In answer to the little question mark (which I guess isn't about her bum)
Attachments:

16 Apr 2021 13:41 #34454 by Valence
Well I recognised the character but not the gun. :P

16 Apr 2021 14:30 #34460 by Charlotte
Well I did search for her gun but it's not like there's just the one, and the first ref I had didn't show the whole thing and it was mostly in shadow. Then when I tried to find a better one I couldn't find anything with that exact one. I ended up using a photo of a small figurine.... Probably not the best choice, maybe Banj's ref will be more useful... :dry:

The figurine did use the same gun as in Banj's pic though, which doesn't attach the uh... harness? in the same place as the first ref... I think I'll have to do a hybrid thing.... (as I am with her clothes, too)

16 Apr 2021 14:33 - 16 Apr 2021 14:38 #34461 by Banj
At a certain point in the film she tapes two guns together, which could cause some confusion in a dimly lit photo.

EDIT - There's also the fact you are using Ripley from Alien with gun from Aliens.

16 Apr 2021 15:28 #34462 by Charlotte
:dry: I'm using 4 or 5 refs of Ripley from various films.... I'm not really going for geek level accuracy here ;)