April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Feb 2020 - Beast Slayer - WIPs

02 Feb 2020 16:52 - 02 Feb 2020 16:52 #27707 by Banj
Beast Slayer

Brief: Take the title interpret it into some awesome artwork.

Deadline: Midnight on the 29th of February.

This is where you post your WIPs (work in progress), Final entries should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...slayer-final-entries

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...s/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Feb 2020 17:00 #27710 by Charlotte
cool :)
and thanks for remembering it's the first, today. Oops, or rather that it was, yesterday... (I did remember it was the last, on Friday.... :dry:)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 Feb 2020 02:16 #27722 by Atto
Oooooh nice, got some ideas for this that are based around portraits so hopefully I'll be happier with my entry this month.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

08 Feb 2020 16:29 #27774 by hansnomad
Hmm--just got done watching The Witcher on Netflix. May have to jump in on this one and return to my old fantasy stomping grounds.

08 Feb 2020 20:34 - 08 Feb 2020 20:42 #27778 by Charlotte
The theme reminds me of an old drawing I did when still living at home, so it must be like... not quite 30 years ago. I remember someone slaying something... and lots of blood.... and me being really, really angry. But I never finished it because I stopped being angry. Could have made a nice starting point*, but it seems I never saved it (but at least now I've sorted through all my drawings and sketchbooks and the like for the move... I have a LOT of more or less empty sketchbooks... :dry:)

*I guess it still might, I'd just have to improvise from what little I remember :)

Oh, and Gandalf was so excited about looking through old drawings that he scratched me bloody. :dry:

Oh wait, I still have one place to look... (but as it was unfinished it's probably not there).
Edit: Nope, wasn't there either.

08 Feb 2020 22:58 #27781 by Atto
I’m intending to enter a short story for this months challenge. Not sure if it will be a series of images (I’ll pick the best one as my entry) or some kind of ‘comic page’.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

08 Feb 2020 23:19 #27782 by Charlotte
eek, creepy goggles!
(Reminds me a bit of those "sniffing things" in Riddick. (Whichever one of them, can't recall their separate names))

12 Feb 2020 18:43 #27791 by Valence
Very creepy indeed. Looking forward to see how that one goes, Atto.

I had a bit of a doodle today and...
Well... :unsure:

I'm not quite sure what any of this is and that "beast" looks less like a beast and more like a cuddly thing from Monsters Inc. :lol:

It will either get better or be abandoned. :shrug:
Attachments:

12 Feb 2020 18:47 #27792 by Charlotte
Beebo hungrrry!

12 Feb 2020 18:59 #27793 by Valence
:lol:
Of course! The beast slayer just needs a Dr Stein muppet instead of a sword! :)