April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Nov 2019 - The Watchtower - WIPs

14 Nov 2019 22:32 #26762 by Charlotte
You and your family always seem to get a whole pile of things to deal with at once... Poor Kito, I hope it turns out the diet will work for him.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Digital Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Nov 2019 18:31 #26765 by Digital Dave
Thank you Charlotte, we really hope so too. I mean, you wouldn't know he's having any issues by just looking at him. Still acts the same, has a great appetite, no recognizable issues, etc. He was just losing weight. - Hoping to get better news next week when they re-test after all the treatments this week.

And yeah, we've had that discussion many times too. Seems like things just start hitting all at once, and continues to pile up? :unsure: At least I now know what happened to her vehicle. Seems she had a Front Caliper blow out, as well as a strut. They said the other Caliper looked a bit rough too, but didn't blow out like the other one. So having them replace the Calipers, Struts, doing a front end Alignment and replacing the Tires and doing an Oil Change while it's up on the rack. (It's roughly going to be $1800, but at least she will have reliable transportation throughout the Winter.) I'm planning to pick her up a new vehicle after the new year, after Winter's over. I mean this one is nearly 15 years old, being a 2005. But can't say we've had too many issues with it over the years though. Mainly replacement of Tires and Brakes, but did have to have the instrument cluster replaced once, when all the gauges were acting up. But that's it.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

15 Nov 2019 20:11 #26766 by Charlotte
ouch. Still pricey. (At least to me who don't own a car and have no idea what they usually cost you through the years :p)

17 Nov 2019 02:13 #26776 by Digital Dave
Yeah, it was indeed and with Kito's stuff still going on and being uncertain, it's just a bad time all around mostly. ... I kind of envy you not owning a vehicle, but at the same time, can't fathom not having one. :)

17 Nov 2019 10:58 #26778 by Charlotte
well I live in a small town. Don't need one. But I WANT to live in the countryside and if I ever do find a house I can afford I will also have to get a car.

17 Nov 2019 14:03 #26779 by gixgidea
Hi all. I’m late to the party again.
Dave, I’m sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope things get better soon.
(We recently went through a bit of car trouble as well... and we recently adopted a puppy, which is like having a very mobile toddler in the house.)
Anyway, I spent some sketchbook time on this one, and now switching to the iPad. Hopefully, I can finish 2 challenges in a row.
Attachments:

18 Nov 2019 13:08 #26784 by Digital Dave
Thanks, gixgidea. Appreciate it, and yep, just hoping things get better here soon. :)

19 Nov 2019 17:15 #26803 by Mindbender
Sorry to hear Dave, hope things turn around soon ☀️

Painted some more, have quite a few things to tweak before going into post-prod though

Attachments:

19 Nov 2019 19:38 #26805 by Digital Dave
Thanks, MindBender. Coming along nicely...

24 Nov 2019 21:15 #26847 by Valence
I've been trying to paint this scene numerous times this month and with each new start it doesn't get any better. :(

Buildings are tough, especially with my aversion to hard edges.
I'd like it to have some spotlight beams angling down but many other things need to be improved first.
Attachments: