April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Oct19 - Halloween inks

28 Oct 2019 12:56 #26512 by Charlotte
make something like that cat I did. It was VERY quick.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2019 22:43 #26529 by gixgidea
1st today's image:
3 days left. I switched to my lazy inks, which entails microns and a prisma color grey marker.

Since Charlotte asked, I'll throw the full sketchbook pages on here in a minute. I was picking and choosing which ones I posted.
Attachments:

28 Oct 2019 22:48 #26530 by gixgidea
Here are a couple of the pages that I have done this October. Sorry for the bad image quality (shadows), I'll try to properly scan my final submission instead of just using my cell phone.

Does this count as the 5 WIP's?
This is how I relax...
Attachments:

28 Oct 2019 23:00 #26531 by Charlotte
I don't mind the shadows. It's nice to see something from a real sketchbook now and then :) (I'm super bad at using mine...) And I'm pretty sure you can be considered to have made and posted at least five drawings, too :)

Mine is a whole lot of cheating compared to inks... And interrupted by the cat. Maybe just as well... (I haven't drawn or painted a zombie since IFX's zombify Claire contest.... making this #2 ever)

Attachments:

29 Oct 2019 00:02 #26533 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic CGAN Oct19 - Halloween inks
I was reading the "Zombie Claire" issue the other day! :cheer:
I think that challenge was one of the first times I tried to "finish" something in ArtRage and in the end I chickened out and didn't enter. :P

I like the addition of the TV remote. It adds a bit of humour and makes it more than just a zombie pic. :)
Also the grain makes me think of static on a screen, as if the TV has died and is now watching me back. :eek:

And that's great work, gix. It's amazing to see a sketchbook that doesn't have some rubbish pages in them like mine do. :lol:

29 Oct 2019 00:41 #26535 by gixgidea
Thank you both. Believe me, this book has it fair share of unfinished pages. To the left of each of the pages I posted are a collection of scribbles, lists of things I should be doing, or reminders.

29 Oct 2019 01:35 #26536 by gixgidea
To be honest, I also have a bad habit of starting images and other various projects and abandoning them. which is why I've talked myself out of ever even starting any proper comic book or project.

So I force myself to work through many of the images that I really am not all that thrilled with... sometimes to a fault.

Since interest had been shared regarding the characters photo bombing my other posts, I thought I would just share this one too.
Attachments:

29 Oct 2019 13:04 #26539 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic CGAN Oct19 - Halloween inks
... "3 days" :blink: :stare:

29 Oct 2019 13:13 #26541 by Charlotte
Don't you mean 2 days and 10 hours? :dry:

And Gix, I love the cyclops skellington :)

Val, thanks for the comments. I think he's trying to turn off this horrible show called "People". But that's a thought about the grain - I wish I'd done it in TV screen format now :P

29 Oct 2019 14:59 #26542 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic CGAN Oct19 - Halloween inks

Attachments: