April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

July 2019 - Snow beast - WIPs

28 Jul 2019 13:44 #25492 by Valence
Doopyo: The suggestion of a hidden monster is a great idea and I'm loving the creepy mood you've captured. I agree with Charlotte about the vine thing but it may make more sense when you add some icy blue colour to it.

Oaktree: I like the darkened background. I was gonna suggest that but you beat me to it. It creates more depth to the picture and I think adding some rim light to the trees will enhance that further. I'd remove the dark outline to the moon though, it seem to push it too far forward and makes it clash with the trees. Still impressed by the action in your pic. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: oaktree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jul 2019 08:41 #25499 by oaktree
Valence thanks for taking the time to give spot on advise.
Here is an update though I do not think there will be time to get a finished painting as there is to much wrong with it.
Attachments:

29 Jul 2019 15:14 #25501 by Charlotte
Sound advice from Valence - it really has a lot more depth now, Oak :)

Me, I'm throwing in the towel. I just can't get it right... I even cleaned up among my many unfinished challenge entries and moved this and some others to a file named "Dumped" :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

29 Jul 2019 15:50 #25502 by Valence
Take that "Dumped" folder, rename it "Completed" and embrace that unfinished style of art. :P

31 Jul 2019 15:39 #25523 by doopyo
I haven't had enough time as I hoped, but this is some progress, thanks for the feedback guys that really helps, ill try to finish in the 11 hrs I have left.

Attachments: