April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Feb19 - Locked in Ice - WIPs

17 Feb 2019 19:40 #23826 by oaktree
update
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2019 20:45 #23833 by Valence
Looking good, oaktree.
I think a bit more light around the horizon would be nice, both to brighten the sun and bleed some warm colours into the snow. But I like the dominant figure in the foreground. It adds to the depth and sense of scale in the landscape and it's the kind of thing my picture could do with. Among other things. :whistle:

It doesn't look that different really. I've just been trying to solidify those edges a bit more to give it a bit of definition. I did also experiment by darkening the pic and adding some spot lighting effects but I think more needs to be done elsewhere before I commit to that.
Attachments:

19 Feb 2019 19:48 #23840 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Feb19 - Locked in Ice - WIPs
Both looking good.
Those are some nice edges now Val and I like the twilight feel in yours Oak. Good stuff!

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

19 Feb 2019 23:49 - 19 Feb 2019 23:50 #23843 by oaktree
Valence looking good I just noticed your set of slingers guiding the ice block. Thanks for the idea with lightening the sky which will allow me to add some colours into the ice sheet. I will probably go over the top with it, it's a great idea.
Thanks for your comments Atto much appreciated I will try to keep the twilight feel but add some more dramatic colour to the sky and ice.
I have given the lead character a face instead of the mask hope it works.
Update from me
Attachments:

23 Feb 2019 20:16 #23886 by oaktree
update from me
Attachments:

24 Feb 2019 15:36 #23890 by Valence
I like the change to the positions of the foreground figures. The previous versions were a little confusing in that area. I think a bit more shading/texture in the clothing to break up the flat colours would help further to separate the different depths and distances.
If there's time of course. I'm struggling to fit mine in too!

24 Feb 2019 19:17 #23891 by oaktree
Thanks for the feedback Valence. It needs to improve a lot before I post it again at the moment I do not like it at all I'm only here making up the numbers.