March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

December 2018 - A MARVELous Holiday Season - WIPs

27 Dec 2018 17:22 #23207 by Atto
Merry Christmas all!
I'm gonna throw in a quick portrait of some old white haired guy with glasses over the next few days.
DISCLAIMER: The following has no connection to any real person living or *sniff* dead. Any likeness (or lack there of, more likely) is purely coincidental and a complete fluke!

Wip 1 - some random old guy from the tinternet. :(

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Dec 2018 20:24 #23209 by oaktree
Atto that is a great start please continue with it to a finish I'm sure I have seen that fellow in a good many films. Valence looking good and just get on with it both you and Atto need to finish. My Idea was to have a comic page linking the various sketches that I had produced together with two more sketches to give the story a finish however my wacom has stopped working so I will not be able to finish unless I can work with a mouse on my computer or fingers on a pad both of which I find very tedious but I will try to get something finished watch this space or the other space to be more accurate. Good luck all

27 Dec 2018 20:48 #23211 by Valence
Great stuff, Atto. Love the way that's he's sneaked in right at the end of the month like one of his movie cameos. Just like the real thing! :)
That's some lovely light on the chin, it turns the surface of the face very well and gives it that kind of solid dimension that I like in a painting. Keep going!

Oaktree: Your wacom's playing up? :( Nooooooooo!
Why do things always break down AFTER Christmas. I prefer it when stuff fails before then you can ask for another one as a present. ;)
Hope you find a way of getting it done.

29 Dec 2018 17:02 #23225 by Atto
TY both for the kind words. Oak you need to get that sorted - if you're like me then get it sorted now and don't put it off - I have a terrible tendency to just keep saying "I'll sort it tomorrow" and I never get round to it.

I'm loving the hulk (with hands and everything!) ripping his way through Christmas and the amount of work you've done Oak is just crazy!

Here's a little more on mine which seems to have taken ages and yet not moved very far at all.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

29 Dec 2018 17:14 #23227 by Valence
Yep, that's going well, Atto.
I can really "feel" the light shining down on him. That squinting expression is doing a great job of implying the brightness of the surroundings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

29 Dec 2018 22:07 - 29 Dec 2018 22:08 #23232 by microscopi
That's a pretty cool design Val with the hulk tearing off the Santa suit :cheer: Oak there's a lot of imagination in all of those ideas, you should definitely start a graphic novel with all the updates B) I like the one with the city in the background and him swinging. Ive been playing spiderman on ps4 lately, theres some great reference ideas in that game. Atto the random old dude is looking great, I like all the shadows colors is really looking good! ;) Charlotte I wish Santa knew where I lived!

29 Dec 2018 23:23 #23233 by Charlotte
He does Micro, he does. Have you been a bad boy this year?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

30 Dec 2018 12:25 #23234 by Valence
I think Santa had to delete part of his database to comply with the new EU privacy laws. :confident:

30 Dec 2018 15:28 #23235 by Charlotte

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.