April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

December 2018 - A MARVELous Holiday Season - WIPs

01 Dec 2018 13:52 - 01 Dec 2018 13:54 #22957 by Banj
A MARVELous Holiday Season

Brief: In a tribute to the late Stan Lee, it's time to create something Marvel comics related for the end of the year. Excelsior true believers!

Deadline: Entries must be posted by the midnight on Monday the 31st of December. (Please bear in mind that due to the new year voting may be delayed slightly as Charlotte will obviously be drunk).

This is where you post your WIPs (work in progress). Final entries should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...season-final-entries

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...s/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one vote.
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2018 14:07 #22959 by Charlotte
Thanks for posting! :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

03 Dec 2018 23:00 #22966 by Valence
Memo to self...
When you're picking a character to paint for this double-check that it's not a DC superhero first. :lol:
*must read more comics to sound knowledgable*

04 Dec 2018 08:54 #22968 by Charlotte

04 Dec 2018 23:11 #22972 by oaktree
OK got an idea Spider man's dilemma
Attachments:

05 Dec 2018 09:45 #22974 by Charlotte
oh dear :blink: He can only save one - Santa or Rudolph???

05 Dec 2018 10:28 #22975 by oaktree
Good idea Charlotte might just use that but he has his camera in hand should he try for a picture of the big man in red ? would Mr J pay for it?

05 Dec 2018 22:59 #22993 by oaktree
Attachments:

06 Dec 2018 14:30 #22996 by Valence
Wow, that's looking complex, oaktree. And I can see the little reindeer! :excited:

I'd double check those perspective lines though, the structures in the background and foreground don't seem to share the same vanishing points. If you correct it now it'll save you time when detailing later. :)

I did have a go at starting this last night but it went very bad very quickly. :( I seem to be going through one of those phases. Again. :shrug:

06 Dec 2018 14:49 #22999 by Charlotte
I see reindeer too! :D
and I'd like to participate as well, but I'm not sure when I'll find the time. Maybe the very last days of december...