March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN Sept 18 - Queen of Soul(s) - WIPs

01 Sep 2018 08:16 - 01 Sep 2018 08:18 #22033 by Charlotte
Queen of Soul(s)

Brief: A chance to pay homage to the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, who recently passed away, or to ignore music and deal with a completely different kind of soul(s). Perhaps it's time to practice for Halloween? Or combine the two, if you can!

Deadline: Entries must be posted by midnight (GMT) on Sunday, September 30th.

This is where you post your Works in progress/Wips. Your final entry should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...t-18-queen-of-soul-s

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...s/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
All challenge entries must be your own work.
You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
Each member may cast one vote
No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Sep 2018 14:32 #22038 by Valence
Hmm, probably won't be doing a picture of the singer for this but I'll add that my favourite version of her is Jason Seiler's painting.
Too good!

18 Sep 2018 14:34 #22177 by Banj
No idea where this is going, if indeed it's going anywhere other than the recycle bin.

Attachments:

18 Sep 2018 14:37 #22178 by Charlotte
for now it looks like it may go straight to #1 :p

18 Sep 2018 14:40 #22180 by Banj
Beating all that stiff competition :aha:

18 Sep 2018 17:19 #22187 by Valence
Well I wouldn't call it competition but I've just had a doodle. (And like all my recent efforts it has been abruptly cut short, this time by those stupid early kick-off times for the football!)

There's no real plan to it, just makin' it up as I go, but it does seem to have developed a kind of Oriental/Geisha look to it. I may continue that or it may go away as I doodle further. :shrug:
Also I've got that strange feeling I've painted this one before. Maybe that feeling will go away too. :)
Attachments:

21 Sep 2018 21:30 #22237 by Valence
Come on, Banj. We might be needing another update.

Mine still seems to be plodding on with no real plan...

I don't know why her eyes are like that, it just seemed slightly interesting in a visual way. :shrug:
I may expand the canvas to add ...erm... something!? And maybe put some swirly, ghostly faces to represent the souls. Maybe. :)
Attachments:

22 Sep 2018 12:43 #22243 by Banj
I did do some more to mine but not really enough to bother posting. I also didn't really like where it was heading as it started to like like some crappy generic grim-dark super hero pose. My mojo has escaped me. Anyone seen a mojo laying around somewhere?

22 Sep 2018 14:12 #22247 by Valence
Nothing wrong with "crappy generic". If I ditched everything that fit that criterion then all my pictures would be in the same place as your mojo. :lol:

22 Sep 2018 15:00 #22248 by Charlotte
Did you look in your cage?