April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN July 2018 - Random 3 - WIPs

01 Jul 2018 19:30 - 01 Jul 2018 19:33 #21547 by Banj
Random 3

Brief: Use at least 4 of the following random words to create your own theme for an image.
  • Octopus
  • Wizard
  • Circus
  • Pandemic
  • Carrion
  • Hook
  • Gigantic
  • Robot
  • Clock

Deadline: Entries must be posted by midnight (GMT) on Tuesday the 31st of July.

This is where you post your WIPs. Final entries should be posted in the thread over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...ndom-3-final-entries

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...s/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
All challenge entries must be your own work.
You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
Each member may cast one vote
No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jul 2018 20:39 #21550 by Charlotte
oooooh I know!
There's an octopus wizard working in a circus when one day a gigantic robot with claw hands comes and attacks 'em and he's got some sort of disease on his claws so he's spreading carrion like an epidemic and now it's a race against the clock to prevent the zombocalypse! :woohoo:

oh wait... image, not story.... dang. :(

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Jul 2018 12:56 - 02 Jul 2018 12:57 #21553 by Banj
A picture paints a thousand words, and you only have to start with four. :confident: :paranoid:

02 Jul 2018 18:53 #21557 by Charlotte
so you can start with a very very small picture :aha:

06 Jul 2018 17:44 #21592 by Atto
Well here I am again with my first few sketches - working away a lot again this month so I wanted to make an early start ;) .

Not too sure if either of these have the legs to go anywhere right now but I'm taking the words: Wizard, Carrion, Hook and Octopus (thus all the hands - a stretch I know but hopefully it wont get me DQ'd)

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

06 Jul 2018 20:53 #21594 by Valence
Atto, you're a crazy, hand-drawing madman! :lol:

With all those words to choose from there must be something that can cover up all possible hand sightings. ;)

Great sketches so far!

07 Jul 2018 13:11 #21601 by Atto
Thank you Val, but I wasn't happy with either of these so I've changed it up a little.
Still going with a few hands but I thought it would be a little more interesting to see some of the souls our necromancer has enslaved. Not sure the hierarchy is as evident in this one with the 'girl' whispering in his ear but I think I will leave it to the colouring and see if I cant re-establish it through colour and tone.
Pretty much done with the sketch - just need to sort out his chest area and the surface he's standing on - some kind of stone floor etched with an occult symbol i think.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

13 Jul 2018 17:30 #21650 by Valence
It seems like only yesterday that I was doing an underwater pic for the mermaid challenge so it'd be pathetically unimaginative for me to spend an hour or so doodling another one... :dry:

So... that's a "GIGANTIC" "OCTOPUS" attacking a "HOOK".
Hmm, that's only three words. Can I count gigantic twice cos that hook looks pretty big too? :)

I'll take that as a no, then.
Guess I'll have to introduce a robot wizard in a diving suit. Or something. :silly:

And here's a good time to confess that I have absolutely no knowledge of octopus anatomy. I've just cribbed this together from a couple of unhelpful refs and even then it ended up being a heptopus for a while until I spotted the counting error. :lol:
Attachments:

13 Jul 2018 19:27 #21652 by Charlotte
well octopi are good at transforming the shape of their bodies, you can just say all arms weren't visible :D

16 Jul 2018 11:33 #21656 by Banj
Add a clock in there and you have a variation on Peter Pan.