April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Nov 2017 - Victorian Heroes - WIPs

01 Nov 2017 12:00 #18993 by Banj
Victorian Heroes

Brief: This challenge is inspired by these 17th century portraits of contemporary superheroes www.cbsnews.com/pictures/comic-superhero...ury-style-portraits/

Take a well known hero/heroine from film, TV, comics, and reinvent them in a portrait as they would appear in the Victorian era.

Deadline: Thursday 30th of November at midnight GMT

This is where you post your WIPs. Final entries should be posted in the thread over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...heroes-final-entries

Challenge rules and guidelines: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one vote
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Nov 2017 17:07 #19011 by Charlotte
I mentioned somewhere that I might try to focus on writing during november, but then again this does sound like a fun challenge. If only I can settle on a suitable hero.

I thought Modesty Blaise first, then figured she wears those high collared blouses anyhow, but maybe I could add Garvin. But that still feels like not enough of a difference/challenge. I used to read The Phantom too, but since he's allegedly been around for ages he probably has something victorian stashed away in his cave, too. So I'm still considering.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Nov 2017 00:03 #19012 by Valence
That makes me want to know what you're writing. Poems? Articles? Comic book? 10-volume Sci-Fi epic? :)

I started off liking those pics in the link but they seemed to get a bit repetitive by the time I got to Darth Vader in a frilly collar.
I'll have to have a think...

02 Nov 2017 12:25 #19017 by Charlotte

That makes me want to know what you're writing. Poems? Articles? Comic book? 10-volume Sci-Fi epic? :)

:blush: Usually nothing. I'm hoping to change that.

Back when I was roleplaying online I wrote quite a bit and it was real fun but after that I've never really got back into it. My sis gave me an online "write childrens' books" course for xmas several years back, so I'm thinking of maybe trying to get through that course. Or just write silly little stories for Aywas. They have a book submission system where users can submit their stories, but honestly I've not read many of them...

Also at some point, I'd like to be able to write down that zombie story I thought up a couple of years ago while I had insomnia issues... I tried last year though and couldn't get anywhere for stupid reasons like "What should I call the main character?" :P

02 Nov 2017 16:23 #19029 by Valence

I tried last year though and couldn't get anywhere for stupid reasons like "What should I call the main character?" :P

:lol:
Gotta love those procrastination excuses. The idea of writing is so much better than the horrible chore of actually doing it.
My own favourite excuse is, "if only I had the perfect app, THEN I'd start something!" I often waste lifetimes on Google Play trying out notetakers, word processors, screenplay apps and even index cards systems, but none of them just seem right for me so all of my non-ideas, that I don't even have, remain unwritten. But I've got loads of apps! :)

02 Nov 2017 16:34 #19031 by Charlotte
oh lol I keep thinking I'd want some better app but I'd better learn how to code first so I can make it myself. Not that I'm working on my coding skills either...

02 Nov 2017 17:19 #19036 by Valence
I've also got an app that teaches you how to code. And I don't use that either! :P

02 Nov 2017 17:21 #19038 by Charlotte
How very useful :dry:

02 Nov 2017 17:33 #19042 by Banj
Verkligen?

02 Nov 2017 17:35 #19043 by Charlotte
Mycket...