March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN Aug. 17 - Uncaricature WIPs

01 Aug 2017 17:32 - 01 Aug 2017 17:39 #17211 by Charlotte
Uncaricature

Brief: Take a cartoon character of your choosing (non-realistic appearance) and draw or paint them as realistic looking humans. What would Sponge Bob Squarepants look like? :blink:

Deadline: August 31st at midnight GMT

This is where you post your WIPs, final entries should be posted in the thread over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...-aug-17-uncaricature

Challenge rules and guidelines:
challenge rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one vote
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Aug 2017 13:16 #17301 by Dragon6261
I don't get it?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

03 Aug 2017 13:24 #17303 by Charlotte
sort of example...

03 Aug 2017 16:47 #17312 by Charlotte
Another example:
X-men are realistic (of sorts) humans rather than cartoons/caricatures so they are a no go, while say Spirou is a toony human and can be uncaricatured into a realistic looking person:
(no no)
(ok)

03 Aug 2017 16:57 #17314 by Digital Dave
Cool idea, should create some unique works...

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

04 Aug 2017 17:35 #17342 by Dragon6261
I guess I will give a shot then....

07 Aug 2017 00:41 #17435 by hansnomad
First--I really like what you guys did with the website format. I go away for several months and you redecorate without asking for my opinion (LOL).

I'm going to assume that Natasha Fatale is fair game since she is quite cartoony in her normal state? If so, then I'll give it a go. I've always wanted to try to do her (I mean artistically).

Attachments:

07 Aug 2017 06:57 #17436 by Charlotte
Yep I'd say she's fair prey. Or some such :P

08 Aug 2017 14:56 #17467 by Valence
I'd never heard of Natasha Fatale until the subsequent Google.
Looking forward to seeing how it goes. :)

After failing at lots of other recent things (animated, pointy click, pixel art is frustratingly hard) I decided to have a go at this the other day. And failed at that too. (I must be going through a 'fail' period... again!) I've been trying to do Mister Burns from the Simpsons but first attempts still look far too cartoony for my liking. Hopefully another attempt might be worthy of a post. :)

08 Aug 2017 15:41 #17468 by Charlotte
Mr Burns sounds like h could be a fun challenge for this :) Looking forward to see what you come up with. You probably did this already but I would start by looking at photos of real people with "suitable" features for some mixing and matching into Mr Burns. :)