March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN May 2017 - The First Vampire - WIPs

19 May 2017 20:42 #16312 by Valence
A bit more of my scribble, no big difference really, I've just been trying to add a bit of anatomy and skin detail.

I did have a bit of an experiment trying to add a kind of dinosaur-like frill to the back of the neck to try and make it look like a natural version of Dracula's familiar collar but it's not working yet so I'm keeping it out for the time being, and it may stay that way. :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 May 2017 21:17 #16313 by Charlotte
sounds like an interesting idea, I'd rather like to see something of that kind :)
And I do like the different bits of colour here and there in the grey skin, so far :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

20 May 2017 16:42 - 20 May 2017 16:42 #16322 by microscopi
I think I inspired a couple 'micros' this month Atto B) Although you have got a few great designs so far, I know you want to go with the pinup naked girl look with the dark brooding vampire style, that's a hard one to pull off for sure, you can just put a twisted dark figure in half shadow and make the rest super evil, and that would be cool too. :P

Val, as usual your wips look so detailed and finished already, I think the girl looks amazing so far, I would of had a hard time ditching her. Maybe you can combine both and have the girl taking a shower, make the curtain one of those see through ones, so you can see the vampire ogling her before going in for the kill. Or you could just have him biting her neck and show the top of his skull, although your new design looks pretty creepy, reminds me of this creature that appeared in my side window as I was at a traffic light..in my dream er nightmare. :S

Banj that is a great design, definitely looks like he could go through a lot of blood in one sitting with all those teeth. I think he would be one of those guys that would eat everything including the bones in a KFC value meal. He doesn't really look like he wants much to go to waste, at lease he's eating some brains. :X
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

22 May 2017 22:12 #16343 by Atto
You did that Micro, unlike you though I'm not sure I picked the best but 40 odd hours in I'm not going to swap now.

Val: liking the new direction especially its skin and the anatomy is looking great, all those protruding ribs and shoulder bones.

Banj: Love the sketch - we going to actually see an entry from you this month? Not like you do anything else on here is it? :lol:

Some more on mine, I'm not 100% happy with it but my real challenge here is to get it finished. An ambitious project for me with less spare time than I usually have.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

24 May 2017 19:50 #16347 by Valence
Keep going Atto!
It'll be worth all those hours in the end. :)

Done some more of mine. I've got the collar/frill in now and extended the canvas to put some more body in there.

As well as cleaning up edges I want to add some blood spatter to the background and maybe push the lighting a little more.
Attachments:

24 May 2017 20:09 #16348 by Charlotte
Maybe it's because I'm watching a movie with aliens right now (not the giger aliens, some humanoid types) but yours reminds me of an alien ending up on earth by accident, Val. I like the flesh tones of his collar but uhm... I think he needs another bit of collar elsewhere :P

Atto, loving yours so far. Can't help but be reminded of Lady Gaga with that blonde hair, and setting. :)

24 May 2017 20:45 #16349 by Valence
I quite like the alien analogy.
I was thinking that the first vampire would be a fully non-human monster and then the bitten, infected humans would mimic the appearance of the original out of a sense of respect or worship, and then this would eventually evolve into the big collar outfit we're familiar with today. :)

But now you've got me wondering what movie you're watching....

24 May 2017 21:11 #16350 by Charlotte
It's just over but it was called "I am number 4"
Wasn't too bad but not too interesting either. Seems quite a bit more could have been done with it, but it was probably mainly aimed at the Twilight type audience... ("never mind back story, cool effects or an actual finish, we need to get a love story in there!)"

26 May 2017 18:04 - 26 May 2017 18:12 #16361 by microscopi
Hey Atto I did a bit of a paintover on yours, I know the lighting is crazy and the girls face on the left is aweful redone but you get the idea, Hope you don't mind. :unsure:

* For some reason, the png extention wouldn't display so saved in jpeg *
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

29 May 2017 23:18 #16377 by Atto
I don't mind at all Micro - Thanks.
Unfortunately I only got back from work today and I leave again tomorrow 'till after the deadline so I can't make any adjustments to it now :(
I'll have to post 'as is' but thanks for spending the time on the paintover. I do like the darker feel to it and the textural quality.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.