April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN April 2017 - Warlock - WIPs

18 Apr 2017 03:48 #15822 by Mr. Sabrosito
well i decided to give it a shot .

i sat down to explore and see what would come out . For now...... this kind of postapocalyptic direction.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Apr 2017 15:52 #15862 by microscopi
Wow Mr, those characters all look equally as cool and they're all so different, awesome! They have a bit of steampunk feel to them which is great, who says you only have to have ' one ' warlock in your pic? B)

18 Apr 2017 19:42 #15866 by oaktree
update from me
Attachments:

19 Apr 2017 01:20 - 19 Apr 2017 01:22 #15869 by Atto
Mr S - some great character design here that work really well in silouhette. I'm enjoying your take on a steampunk warlock.

Looking good Oak, especially those two birds - I like the scraggy feathers on the one and you've got that quizzical expression down perfectly on the other. Nice to see you pushing the values at this early stage too.

A little update from me.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

19 Apr 2017 22:36 - 19 Apr 2017 23:00 #15885 by microscopi
Great progress Atto, hair is really coming along, those dark lines coming down from him remind me of that spiderman goo. B) Oak, really making some progress on yours, the page curling up looks perfect with the foreshortening effect, looks like you're making it work, nice job.. :)

I'm going to do some more thumbnails and pick the best one. I'm more decisive then usual this month :X

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

20 Apr 2017 04:08 #15891 by Mr. Sabrosito

Mr S - some great character design here that work really well in silouhette. I'm enjoying your take on a steampunk warlock.

Looking good Oak, especially those two birds - I like the scraggy feathers on the one and you've got that quizzical expression down perfectly on the other. Nice to see you pushing the values at this early stage too.

A little update from me.

thanks, man

this one its looking darker and darker as you progress, i like it. It reminds me of the main character in the game nightmare creatures 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

20 Apr 2017 04:11 #15892 by Mr. Sabrosito
well i think i made my choice . Will continue to develop on this one

Attachments:

20 Apr 2017 16:31 #15894 by microscopi
I think that's a good choice Mr S, would of picked that one myself. I'm just working up this one slowly.

Attachments:

20 Apr 2017 16:50 - 20 Apr 2017 16:51 #15895 by microscopi
Here's the one I ditched for the 2nd time, I always have the feeling it is not working often, although my latest I don't hate too much yet. :huh:

Attachments:

21 Apr 2017 17:11 - 21 Apr 2017 17:12 #15917 by microscopi
Attachments: