April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN March 2017 - Sun Wukong - WIPs

21 Mar 2017 16:32 - 21 Mar 2017 16:34 #15591 by microscopi

I can't really use my arm too much to draw, and i'm not sure about surveillance as i'm currently being investigated, so that's why I haven't been in any challenges for awhile.

:blink: I hope* that's referring to a medical investigation?

*At least I think I hope so. Unless it's mean. But... criminal investigation might be worse, no? :unsure:

It's for a health investigation because my benefits were denied. It's fun looking over your shoulder and looking all paranoid all the time, you should try it ! :woohoo:

Also, everyone's work is looking awesome this month, Oak I really am into your background, the quality of the staff and cape are exactly what you want to achieve with the rest of your pic, keep at it !
Val and Attorney(Atto), you guys are getting your skill levels up there !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2017 16:40 #15592 by Charlotte

It's fun looking over your shoulder and looking all paranoid all the time, you should try it ! :woohoo:

:dry: Somehow I feel a bit sceptical about the fun factor in that... Anyway, glad the police didn't kidnap you :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Mar 2017 00:25 #15612 by Atto
A little more.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

27 Mar 2017 21:21 - 27 Mar 2017 21:26 #15635 by oaktree
Atto loving the pose.
I was away for the the weekend hoping to get some work done but forgot my power pack for the laptop. I tried working with the Ipad just find it impossible. So here is an update from me. I tried to put a little interest into the sky. Also a little interest in the clouds as a gathering for his cloud flying but am unsure about both ideas
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

28 Mar 2017 01:09 #15637 by Valence
Oaktree: I like the stirring of the clouds, a bit like a whirlpool in the sea swirling up from the deep. Iit adds a nice little touch of movement and the higher clouds in the sky are adding that subtle suggestion of perspective. I think the whole background is working really well here. Now you just need to push the values in the clothing and then the character will pop out further :)

Atto: Excellent bit of detail emerging in your pic with the hair/fur and the little designs going on the costume. Some good creases in the fabric too! Keep it going.

28 Mar 2017 07:03 #15638 by Charlotte
Oaktree I agree with what Valence said, with this addition: The stirring clouds seem to be way in the distance while the end of the staff that seems to stir them is in front of the figure... Perhaps the "stirred" clouds should be infront of the figure and clothing as well? (Even if that makes it merely a baby cloud at this point.)

29 Mar 2017 20:21 #15643 by oaktree
Thank you both for the comments Valence and Charlotte. I will keep the high clouds but I will bin the whirlpool of clouds as Charlotte thinks the staff should be doing the stirring which was never my view of it. I will try to come up with something else. Here is another update.
Attachments:

29 Mar 2017 21:27 #15644 by Charlotte
oops and here I thought the clouds gathering around the tip of the staff was such a good idea... :S

30 Mar 2017 00:40 #15645 by Atto
Oaktree - I'm thinking its better without the whirlpool too it would be nice to see some suggestion of his little cloud but I'm at a bit of a loss to make any suggestions. I seem to remember it appearing from over the horizon in the tv series and rushing to his aid - maybe have it approaching from the distance over his shoulder?

Ok think I'm almost done - gonna let this ferment for a little and revisit it tomorrow evening just need to add the gold bands around his staff and take a look at it with fresh eyes. Any C&C would be appreciated and rather timely right now. Thanks in advance.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments: