April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Jan 2017 - Star Wars Heroine WIPs

26 Jan 2017 01:54 #15161 by Atto
Not as far along with this as I hoped but I've been working in Manchester recently.
Much more to go yet......

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2017 14:27 #15163 by Valence
That's coming along nicely, Atto. The folds in the fabric complement the shading in the anatomy very well. It looks really natural and consistent.

I've actually ditched the floating figure in mine in favour of three more characters. :) The top centrepiece now is the face of the girl's mother who will obviously appear in the second half of the story. Two heroines for the price of one! :lol: I'm now wondering if I can fit a droid in there somehow.

27 Jan 2017 03:54 #15172 by microscopi
Going to comment on everyone's stuff just wanted to post an update, going with the evil she-robot killing android typical storyline :X

Attachments:

27 Jan 2017 04:13 #15173 by Kodabble
Wow! Valence three more characters, I am struggling with only one and you've redone your lead character and then adding more. I'm the one that slowly tries, saves, hopes it comes out right so I can save again, but I am learning from this one.
Alto looking good,
microscopi, good to see you back. Love the idea of the Vader droid wife.
So moving forward in steps I have saved several steps so I'm posting some. Hope it's not too many.

Attachments:

28 Jan 2017 06:54 - 28 Jan 2017 07:17 #15176 by microscopi
Kod awesome design and pose, I love to see other peeps progression, I save all my updates in separate files too, it's saved my ass a few times. There is one thing that's bugging me though and that's the lower portion of her face, it's definitely the proportions of her jaw, if you scale it down it will make it look smaller/more feminine. I really like the background update on your final wip, tying the death star in there is a nice touch as vader is her father too. Overall looking awesome. :woohoo:

Val that's an awesome story leading up to your characters, they are all detailed really well so far and their characteristics and expressions really tie into their characters. You're definite strong point is characters for sure. The clothing choices all correspond with the star wars universe really well, looking forward to your next update with the character change you mentioned, keep going! :woohoo:

Atto, loving the pose and anatomy and expression everything is working really well together, I can almost see the completed detail in my head and it's going to look awesome, with that underlying work you already have going. I would definitely make her hair arc with a samurai haircut to match that motion in the background, for some reason I can see her with red hair, but do your own thing ! :woohoo:

Wolf, cool design so far, very different from your usual stuff, heavy shout out to the anime style, it's looking great so far, sort of reminds me of one of those metro-sexual Final Fantasy bosses, which isn't a bad thing! :woohoo:

I don't see myself continuing with mine but you never know, I am going through one of my infamous changing up my idea fazes, but i'm afraid I won't have enough time to turn it around this time :ohmy: Sorry fellas and gals. :lol:

30 Jan 2017 12:05 #15185 by SchizophreniaWolf
microscopi: ha, you are right, you mean guys like 'Sephiroth', yes? O and thx.

here's an update:
we all go a little crazy sometimes... :woohoo: :lol:

Attachments:

31 Jan 2017 02:42 #15191 by Atto
AGGGGGHHHHH!!! I'm almost there but I don't think I'll have time to finish! I'll see what time I have free tomorrow - I think maybe 2 more hours will do it - fingers crossed I can actually enter this one,

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

31 Jan 2017 09:08 #15192 by Banj
You can do it, I sense it. Use the Force Atto, uuuuuse theeee Foooorrrrce :ohmy: