April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Jan 2017 - Star Wars Heroine WIPs

01 Jan 2017 16:34 #15002 by Charlotte
Star Wars Heroine

Brief: Depict a female hero for the Star Wars universe and in the late Carrie Fisher's honour. Is she a leader, a jedi, a bounty hunter or a sith? (Hey, she'd be a heroine to the dark side, if she was!) By the by, did you know that Luke was originally named Deak Starkiller and was, for a while, intended to be female (because there were no other female characters in the script at the time - but then they added Leia).

(Feel free to give your herione a cool name - I didn't want to go with Carfis Reyner as suggested by em... as 1) fis=fart in Swedish and that's just not respectful enough :P and 2) The latest heroine is already called Rey... I also played with site admin names but when I ended up with Chabaka, and it just sounds so wookiee.)

Deadline: January 31st at midnight GMT.

This is where you post your works in progress. For posting final entries, go here: Final entries

Challenge rules and guidelines:
/cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challenge-rules/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one vote
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2017 20:37 - 03 Jan 2017 20:39 #15009 by Valence

1) fis=fart in Swedish...

Why didn't we get these kind of important language lessons when we were at school?? I only ever remember learning the French versions of boring phrases like "I work in the garden." :? or "Where is the train station?"

I think if we'd all had this more imaginative kind of education then we would all now be multi-lingual, albeit in a rude and offensive way! :lol:

04 Jan 2017 08:28 #15010 by Charlotte
yeah or "wo shi tushuguan" (with little ´and ` and ^ in places I can't remember)

04 Jan 2017 12:19 #15012 by Banj
Yub Nub.

04 Jan 2017 16:13 #15013 by Charlotte

04 Jan 2017 20:22 #15015 by Valence
You say, Yub Nub.

I say, Lapti Nek.
It's like disco, but in space!

Still no pictures to put in here yet. :sigh:
I did have a scribble today (the first of the year) but I'm struggling to get a pose that I like. :(

04 Jan 2017 23:31 - 04 Jan 2017 23:41 #15016 by SchizophreniaWolf
Hi all!

Haven't got a name for her yet... and don't know if she's evil or not, maybe both :)

maybe her name is Yrak R-Syf...
Attachments:

04 Jan 2017 23:54 #15017 by Atto
Happy New Year everyone.

My name must be the only one that even with a major amount of tweaking doesn't work so I'll have to think about that one a little more but heres my first 10 minute scribbling.

I have another few refs I like the look of so this may be one of those where it takes me a while to decide on a pose.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

05 Jan 2017 00:28 #15018 by Atto
Here's another I was thinking of - definitely part of the Dark Side with that view point.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

05 Jan 2017 11:43 #15024 by kazky
Atto that new pose if fantastic, great POV

Valence pull yourself together and get a sketch up.......*runs*

Schizo, looking great, going to be a good one.

Just on another note and an other worldly thing. Has anyone seen those Na'vi avatar babies??!??
I'm still on the adorable side, but verging towards creepsville too. Go look!