March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN Dec 2016 - The Ice Warriors - WIPS

01 Dec 2016 15:09 - 01 Dec 2016 15:11 #14864 by Banj
The Ice Warriors

Brief: Open brief. Use all your create might to take this title and illustrate it. Have fun and a merry Christmassy period from us. :aha:

Deadline: Saturday 31st of December at midnight GMT. (NOTE: Due to New Year celebratory wildness voting may be delayed but will happen when we wake up sometime in the new year)

This is where you post your WIPs, Final entries should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...rriors-final-entries

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...s/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one vote
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Dec 2016 23:47 - 02 Dec 2016 23:50 #14872 by Digital Dave
With the Holidays and all ahead, I was planning on just watching this month's challenge. But after working on another project last night for a friend at work, I got an image in in my head, so started roughing it in to see what it might become? Actually had another idea, but wasn't sure I wanted to try that one for a monthly. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

05 Dec 2016 01:52 #14881 by Valence
Wow, that's a good (and quick!) start.
I like the expression on the guy's face. I certainly wouldn't want to mess with him! :)

05 Dec 2016 13:11 #14890 by SchizophreniaWolf
Hi all!!! Warriors!!! Come out and play-ay!!!! :lol:

Attachments:

05 Dec 2016 22:06 #14891 by Charlotte
Wow Schizo, what energy! I think we* hit upon a theme you REALLY like :) Looking forward to see how this develops! (And can't help but like how that little dirt squiggly by the nearest face looks almost like a heart *giggles* "I love my zombie ice warriors!")

*and when I say "we" I totally mean Banj.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 Dec 2016 22:24 #14893 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Valence. ... I actually had another idea of a group of fighters gathered in a frozen cave, gathered around a fire or fire-barrel, shivering violently and trying to keep warm. And possibly two off to the side, with one daring the other to touch his tongue on his frozen sword. :) More comedic view, but knew I wouldn't have enough time to tackle something like that right now. ... Plus, with my Wedding Anniversary later this week, and Christmas later in the month, I don't see too much free time on the horizon. :) - But, I did take off the last week of the year, so if it doesn't snow or anything crazy, I might finish.

Very nice start, Schizo.

06 Dec 2016 23:13 #14896 by Digital Dave
Rainy night, so started throwing in some color and cropped it some...

Attachments:

08 Dec 2016 01:42 #14899 by Valence
Schizo: That's fantastic work! So dramatic and filled with movement and action. I love that big sword sweeping towards us. (I like the first sketch with the even bigger blade but you're probably right to shorten it. It makes more sense that way.)
And Charlotte's right this is your kind of theme! :)

Dave: Nice mood with that colour gradient. The diagonal blend helps separate the characters yet the repeated flesh tones still link them to express their connection.
Hope you get to fit it all in around your Anniversary! :)

08 Dec 2016 22:10 #14904 by SchizophreniaWolf
Charlotte: hihi, it's true I like this theme, I was a big fan of Conan the Barbarian when I was little, and I still am!
And, sorry, I know nothing of a heart shaped dirt squiggly, haven't seen anything like that ;) <3
Valence: hehe thx Valence, yeah the sword, I know, but it sometimes it looked like it was stuck into the other guy's arm, so I wanted to show the tip :)

Attachments:

11 Dec 2016 16:36 #14916 by Digital Dave
Been putting a few minutes here and there...

Attachments: