March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN November 2016 - A.I.Robot - WIPS

01 Nov 2016 12:10 - 01 Nov 2016 12:16 #14776 by kazky
A.I.Robot

Brief Design a robot that will be used in homes across the world. The design should be anything other than humanoid but the rest can be your choice.

Deadline: Wednesday 30th of November at midnight GMT.

This is where you post your WIPs, Final entries should be posted over here:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...-final-entries#14777

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...s/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
•All challenge entries must be your own work.
•You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
•Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
•No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
•Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
•Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
•Each member may cast one vote
•No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Nov 2016 21:49 #14781 by Digital Dave
Sounds like a cool challenge. ... At first when I read 'anything other than humanoid' my mind blanked out, and I thought what other kind of A.I. is there? :dunno: ... Then a few ideas started flowing into my mind, and I realized there are indeed some other things it could be, which could make this challenge even more fun! :)

Not sure if I will have enough free time this month to join in, the way it's been at my work lately, but I might give it a try anyway, at least as far as I can take it.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

01 Nov 2016 22:24 - 01 Nov 2016 22:25 #14782 by kazky
Oh maybe i should rephrase that! I meant a robot that couldn't be mistaken as a person, but something like I,robot or terminator would be fine. What do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

02 Nov 2016 01:12 - 02 Nov 2016 01:14 #14783 by Digital Dave
Haha... It's funny you say that. I actually had an on-line meeting cancelled tonight, so I've been doodling for the last hour or so and watching the world series. - I guess it could work either way really, but it actually made me think that it shouldn't be something like iRobot or Terminator :lol:
So I've been fooling around with this little idea. :) Not sure how much I like it yet though?

Attachments:

02 Nov 2016 09:19 #14784 by kazky
I can see that working really well Dave, keep going with it!

03 Nov 2016 22:27 #14785 by Digital Dave
Spent 20 minutes before bed last night, throwing down some colors, and making some minor adjustments.

Attachments:

04 Nov 2016 22:28 - 04 Nov 2016 22:31 #14788 by Digital Dave
Ended up leaving work early, due to my son not feeling well at work. So I spent a little time fooling with it... started trying to add some more details.

Not liking the eyes as they are, but will wait to see if any ideas develop later.

Attachments:

05 Nov 2016 00:20 #14789 by Valence
Looking good, Dave. I like the idea of the grappling tail swinging around to pick up the trash I leave lying around. :)

I think the eyes will look better if they have a different colour to break the metallic monochrome style.

07 Nov 2016 22:10 #14796 by Valence
I had a bit of an idea that I like but I haven't completely worked out the design yet so it hasn't got past the doodle stage. :unsure:

Given that humanoid robots have such trouble walking I thought it might be good to do an AI drone that floats and flies around without falling down stairs :)
I want it to have a holographic face projected above it and some arms dangling below to manipulate objects. And maybe the arms can also become legs to act as a stand when the drone is in "static" mode.
I've already written a pageful of advertising slogans for it but I still haven't quite drawn it properly. I think I need to get my priorities right. Paint first, gimmicks later! :lol:

Attachments:

08 Nov 2016 21:13 #14798 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Valence. Haven't had much time to fool with it really, but been touching it up here and there when I can. Still not completely sure what else it might get, but I did get the ice maker in. :) Nice start by the way. I like the holographic head idea. Look forward to seeing it progress.

Attachments: