March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN October 2016 - Disaster! The Movie - WIPS

01 Oct 2016 21:26 - 01 Oct 2016 21:33 #14638 by kazky
Disaster! the Movie

Seems ages since we had a poster challenge, so lets do one.

Brief Design a poster to promote the new movie - Disaster! the Movie. The disaster can be anything you choose, fire, tornado, running out of cake. You must include a brief hook line, the title, any other text is up to you.

Deadline: Monday 31st of October at midnight GMT.

This is where you post your WIPs, Final entries should be posted over here:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...ster-the-movie-final

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...s/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
•All challenge entries must be your own work.
•You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
•Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
•No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
•Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
•Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
•Each member may cast one vote
•No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Oct 2016 11:21 #14649 by Charlotte
:lol: When I saw your posts' title I didn't realise it was the challenge posts but thought you had some disastrous experience at the movies! :silly:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Oct 2016 11:23 #14650 by kazky
I always have a disastrous experience at the movies :( i never go now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

02 Oct 2016 11:37 #14651 by Charlotte
aw... noisy candy wrappers, kids kicking the back of your chair, people checking their cellphones during the movies so you're blinded by the light, kids asking what the movie is about and why they're doing what they're doing and grownups who think all animated movies are for babies so they bring their little ones who just get scared or bored and cry and want to go pee three times...?

The cinema here is being renovated so I can't go to the movies (in the town I live anyhow) for a YEAR. I miss it :( In spite of all the other movie goers :P

03 Oct 2016 08:51 #14656 by SchizophreniaWolf
Idd, I too avoid the theaters because of all the noise and distractions. So I bought a big-ass expensive television, but last realy good movie I saw on my screen at home, was Interstellar. That was incredible, I saw it all alone, with a beer on my belly. :P I want to forget the real world for a while when I watch a good movie. In a way it's aburd that the real intense movielovers can't go to the theaters because of the movie theater tourists ( or terrorists :) )

BTW disaster! theme! I'm in.

03 Oct 2016 11:09 #14657 by kazky
Schizo, the last movie I went to see was a horror movie, can't even remember which one, throughout the entire time people talked, screamed and laughed. 20 minutes in a group of younger people, not even as young as teens, came in with their phone lights on to see the seats and then chatted for about 10 mins, in their normal voices.

I was just furious, and the movies aren't cheap nowadays. :(

03 Oct 2016 14:34 #14659 by SchizophreniaWolf
kazky, I know the feeling :blink: . About 10 years ago I got so fed up with 2 girls behind me chatting and giggling all the time in the cinema that I turned around and told them to shut there traps! But I didn't realize that the two idiots next to them where actualy there boyfriends. After the movie they followed me and treatened to beet me up, the bodyfriend offcourse, they wanted to show off. I was very scared, and ran like hell lol . Today I'm not such a coward anymore :lol: . But anyway I avoid crowdy places, because everywhere you go there a rotten apples, and I'm sick of it.

03 Oct 2016 17:14 #14660 by microscopi
Hey guys, do you have VIP theaters ?

They made them especially for the reasons you all describe, they have huge seats with tons of leg room, you would have to be 7 feet tall to kick the chair in front of you :P Also it's licensed so you can drink alcohol during the movie and it also has food service, they deliver to your seat. The tickets are a bit pricier but the theater is worth it for an upscale experience. You have to be 18+ to get in.

Of course it presents a whole new problem, in that people that are late order food to their seat, and you have a shadow of a server on the screen bending down to give someone a milkshake and piece of cheesecake ! :ohmy:

Oh but there's no commercials!!! :woohoo:

03 Oct 2016 18:50 #14661 by kazky
Schizo thats not cowardly, thats sensible. Honestly i'm in your camp, i'm sick of how people seem to be de-volving as i call it. There are obviously alot of good people still around but there seems to be a vast amount of arrogant, ignorant rude people who just lack manners.

Its quite worrying. I've said for years i'd be much happier in a remote place with my animals

03 Oct 2016 20:01 #14662 by Charlotte
Never heard of VP theaters but there seems to be other disturbances there :P And the commercials before the movies are (here) usually for other movies, so that's like the one time I actually don't mind them :)

and at the movies I tend to either turn around and glare or make loud comments about how some people behave. I'm such a nasty old hag :P