April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Sept 2016 - Random - WIPs

01 Sep 2016 11:42 #14446 by Banj
Random

Brief: This month you are to create an image using at least 3 of the randomly generated words listed below
  • Smuggler
  • Dolphins
  • Demolition
  • Astronaut
  • Coffin
  • Alligator
  • Betrayal
Deadline: Friday 30th of September at midnight GMT

This is where you post your WIPs, final entries should be posted in the thread over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...random-final-entries

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...s/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one vote
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Sep 2016 16:57 #14448 by Charlotte
I like this idea! :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

03 Sep 2016 17:55 #14465 by microscopi
Does that mean you'll be joining in Charlotte? :woohoo:

03 Sep 2016 18:27 #14467 by Charlotte
maybe... If my comp stops acting up.... :( I really need to get around to getting myself a new one...

07 Sep 2016 20:35 - 07 Sep 2016 20:38 #14517 by Valence
I had an hour and a half of doodling today and came up with this.
I still may change course but until then my idea is a kind of Indiana Jones/Guardians of The Galaxy style image with a bit of 2001 thrown in.

So my ASTRONAUT who is also a SMUGGLER of extra terrestrial antiquities has discovered an ancient DEMOLISHED ruin of an alien tomb with some strange monument guarded by long dead warriors in their sarcophagi (COFFINS!).

I don't think I can fit any more of the random words in, but I'll try! :P

I really need to make the sarcophagus design look a bit more Alien-Egyptian and less like Vader. I also need to make it all look a little less ... rubbish. But there's time yet.
Attachments:

11 Sep 2016 17:31 - 11 Sep 2016 17:33 #14550 by microscopi
Aww too bad about your computer Charlotte, mines pretty sluggish too had it since 2008 :S

Great start Val, really interesting mood and atmosphere you have got going already, the colors are also working, I think it would be easier to show scale by having the character smaller, maybe even a little stick figure, that way you can make the structures seem larger, although i'm definitely impressed you're the first to come up with a pic surrounding those words, I think your good unless you want to be more adventurous! :cheer:

13 Sep 2016 07:20 #14557 by Charlotte
well I have a new one now, all nice and shiny. Just need to get used to it - and a cable to connect it to my screen :P

13 Sep 2016 10:36 #14559 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic CGAN Sept 2016 - Random - WIPs
You'll be able to try it out for painting with this challenge then :)

13 Sep 2016 12:09 #14560 by Charlotte
:blush: uhm yeah, maybe :P
I already tried it out actually but just for colouring some Aywas stuff (they have so many things going on right now but I'll try to get some regular painting done too!)

13 Sep 2016 13:15 #14561 by Valence
Thanks, micro.
I think my astronaut seemed to grow a bit during the first colouring phase. I'll try and shrink him back down a bit later on. :) Just trying to get the flashlight beam to look right at the moment. Tricky getting the saturation and brightness right without overpowering the rest of the image. Will post when it looks better. :P
And I think I have you beat on the antique computer contest. 2008 is good but mine dates back to 2003! Less memory than a phone. Beat that. :lol:

And it's good to know that you've finally got a working device, Charlotte. Get painting! Or playing games. :lol: