April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN August 2016 - It Came form Outer Space - Wips

10 Aug 2016 02:43 #14334 by microscopi
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2016 20:26 - 10 Aug 2016 20:27 #14344 by microscopi
Attachments:

10 Aug 2016 23:55 #14345 by Valence
That's some quick progress there, micro :)
You've got some good detail in the heads and I think that'll all look good with a bit more work on the background.

11 Aug 2016 13:15 #14351 by Banj
Attachments:

12 Aug 2016 01:43 - 12 Aug 2016 01:48 #14353 by microscopi

DON'T PANIC!

(and always remember your towel)

Banj is in the house, can I panic? ! :woohoo: Nice start ! Fox Molder as a pizza eating humanoid head of lettuce. :lol:

Thanks Val added a tree to mine, haven't done one of those recently :whistle:

Attachments:

12 Aug 2016 11:14 #14354 by Banj

Banj is in the house, can I panic? !

No, no panicking from anyone. Panic leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to the Youtube comments section, Youtube comments lead to reddit threads, reddit threads lead to more hate, more hate leads all the way back to panic again. Or something like that. :S

12 Aug 2016 11:21 #14355 by kazky
I don't know what to say, I find Reddit hilarious :D

12 Aug 2016 14:17 #14356 by segujo
Attachments:

12 Aug 2016 18:47 - 12 Aug 2016 18:48 #14357 by microscopi

No, no panicking from anyone. Panic leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to the Youtube comments section, Youtube comments lead to reddit threads, reddit threads lead to more hate, more hate leads all the way back to panic again. Or something like that. :S

..more hate leads to rottentomatoes threads :blink:

I find all those threads entertaining kaz, i'm focused on movie critics, there's a cinematic war happening ! :unsure:

Great start Segujo, cool character design, his body is looking good so far anatomy wise, just need more work on his head :cheer:

14 Aug 2016 21:07 - 14 Aug 2016 21:10 #14367 by Valence
Banj: Great sketch. Love the laid back pose with the raised leg and the casual hanging arm. And the Mulder poster is a perfect idea! :lol:

Segujo: I like the segmented anatomy, it all looks literally alien in a quirky way and those big staring eyes are strangely disturbing and surreal.

Micro: Those trees look excellent and the varying detail and value creates a kind of winding depth into the picture. I think I'd take out (or at least tone down) that branch between the heads. It makes a bit of a tangent that you don't really need there, the shared gaze alone is already more than enough to connect the two figures and suggest their relationship. :)