April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN May 2016 "Fallen" - WIPs

01 May 2016 19:22 #13722 by Banj
Fallen

Brief: Interpret the title as you wish.

Deadline: Tuesday 31st of May, by midnight GMT.

This is where you post your WIPs. Final entries should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...fallen-final-entries

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...s/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one vote
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2016 13:00 #13727 by CherryGraphics
Yeeees I know I was lazy lazy lazy for the last months but now I'm back. Really. :D So I've taken the title for the most predictable way.

Fallen Angel. Wip 1.

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

04 May 2016 00:15 #13730 by Valence
I like those eyes, Cherry. They look very intense and soulful and fit very well with the initial colour scheme.
And feel free to be as lazy as you like. :lol:

04 May 2016 13:38 #13733 by CherryGraphics
I know but I don't really like to be THAT lazy as I was... :S :lol: and thanks a lot Val! :)

so here comes the next WIP. (before the lazyness is coming back... :woohoo: )

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

04 May 2016 17:55 - 04 May 2016 17:57 #13734 by microscopi
Hey Cherry, looking techtonic, great start so far ! She seems so alive with her expression, I think you definitely nailed that so far. I'm sure Captain Kirk would find her sexy. :cheer: :P If you keep her green that is.

04 May 2016 22:31 #13735 by SchizophreniaWolf
Hello all!

Hello Cherry pie: looks nice, idd intriguing expression on her face. But the nose is a little crooked.

I guess I haven't done anything medieval yet here, so here's my first wip. It's the leader of a clan telling his son (heir to the throne) to stay back, away from the doom he is about to face.

Attachments:

06 May 2016 15:00 - 06 May 2016 15:01 #13736 by microscopi
Looking pretty cool so far Wolf, and also super creepy! :ohmy: This is midevil, maybe drop the mid ! :P

It does have some great energy in it already, can't wait to see it progress (and it better!) B)
Your dreams must be a scary place.

07 May 2016 22:34 #13741 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic CGAN May 2016 "Fallen" - WIPs
Wolf: Loving the early line work and energy in yours, the design of the blades is very cool too.

Cherry: Interesting colour choice for your early sketches, looking forward to see how you develop it.

Mine is pretty much what you would expect from me right now. I like the idea of this lone knight on the battle field struggling to rise but feel I'm going to need to add some fantasy element in there at some point - probably in the background as I progress.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

09 May 2016 19:38 #13744 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic CGAN May 2016 "Fallen" - WIPs
A little more of this kind of thing.
Much more of a photo study at this stage than anything I would normally enter into the monthly's but I hope you'll forgive me while I get the main forms down before I start to mix it up a little and add some fantasy elements.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

09 May 2016 19:58 #13745 by Valence
Schizo: Fantastic swords you've got there. All so much better than that bland one I tried to draw last month!

Atto: That shiny, reflective armour on the shoulder is very impressive and its cold, bright smoothness is a perfect contrast to the warm shaded face.

Good Work all round!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto