April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Jan 2016 - New Dawn - WIPs

24 Jan 2016 02:05 #13214 by microscopi
New idea, but that doesn't surprise anyone :silly:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jan 2016 02:52 #13216 by Atto
What? :( New idea? :ohmy: This close to the deadline? :? That's so unlike you Micro :woohoo:

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

26 Jan 2016 06:42 #13224 by microscopi
Hopefully I can pull it off Atto B)

Attachments:

27 Jan 2016 22:11 #13226 by Valence
Always on the limit of the deadline, micro! ;)
Hope you get it done in time.

I've just about finished mine. I'm just deliberating over a final lighting gimmick. Hmm. :unsure:

28 Jan 2016 06:45 #13228 by CherryGraphics
hey micro - while I play with the idea of a second painting you just do it. fantastic. :D
I really liked the idea with the tree and the monkeys and all of the stars but this new piece is really your comfort zone for epic scenes :) and for god's sake Is this a hippo ? :woohoo:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

28 Jan 2016 09:04 #13229 by microscopi
Hah thanks Cherry, i'm not sure what it is yet, but right now it's got 4 legs to get around with so that's all that matters. :P I'm probably going to finish the monkey pic still, so stay tuned!

I think i'm going to make the deadline Val, just going to tidy up a bit more.

Attachments:

30 Jan 2016 21:17 #13244 by Quetzal

moving along with color... and wishing my photoshop had the magic button that clients think it has, the one that "automatically puts whatever fuzzy notion is bouncing around in my head into sharp focus and precise colors"...
Attachments:

30 Jan 2016 22:11 #13245 by Atto
It looked more like a rhino to me Cherry but either way I like that idea - now it looks like its got the head of Pooh Bear.
I'm looking forward to seeing what it develops into Micro and I have complete confidence that once more you'll pull it out the bag.

I want one of those buttons too Quetzal, I never see any image in my head in sharp focus or precise colours but I thought that was just me! I guess there is something immensely satisfying about resolving all that fuzziness though. I like the way you're laying down that colour though, I'm still of the school of 'paint this side of the ship brown and this side in a lighter brown, paint the sea blue and the sky a different blue then worry about the dawn type lighting' :unsure: I guess this approach sets a mood much earlier as Micro and myself were discussing earlier (or was it the Dragon Slayer challenge? - I forget).

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.