April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN November 2015 - Dragon Slayer - WIPs

01 Dec 2015 17:57 #12916 by Atto
Charlotte - 20s it is then!
I finally hit my stride in my 20s, all that working out that just stretched my body in strange ways during my teens seemed to finally be paying off and my pubescent effeminate looks finally settled themselves into something a little more rugged and (to me at least) acceptable. I found music and an identity to the way I looked (though it was the 90's so I now cringe when I see myself with long hair, lumberjack shirts, cut off combat trousers and ex army boots) and began to read books like 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' , 'A portrait of the Artist as a Young Man' by Joyce and poetry by the Beat Generation. I really thought I was the quintessential struggling artist, the angst ridden product of my formative years during the 80s.
Thank god I survived it (a close friend of mine didn't) and I owe it wholly to my now wife.
For all that age takes away from us I'm thankful it gives us distance and perspective.

Banj, me too but I wear them all the time now even though legally I don't need them to drive. I was horrified when I found out there were people out there driving with worse eyesight than me!

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2015 18:03 #12918 by Charlotte
No idea what music you listened to but Faith No More suddenly popped into my head (must be the long hair and shorts) :)

(And don't worry about me driving without glasses - I wouldn't be able to find the car!)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Dec 2015 20:55 #12924 by Digital Dave
Just wanted to stop in and say sorry I didn't get to work on mine anymore after my last update. 2 weeks ago my wife was using my iMac when it just stopped working and went to a white screen, and won't start back up properly? Just opens with a white screen with the apple emblem, but won't go any further?. ... I was able to get it to start up once in safe mode last week, but haven't had any time to research or troubleshoot why it's not operating?

At nearly the same time as my computer crashing, first my my son and then my wife took extremely ill with apparently some type of really bad stomach virus that pretty much knocked them both on their arse! ... We are not sure if it's related, but I just had to take off a couple days prior to their illness to take my eldest pup Shelby, to the vet. She was throwing up most of Monday & Tuesday, and after running a bunch of test, they figure she had some type of virus. So whether this is where it came from is anyone's guess?, But between taking care of them and doing everything else around the house, including splitting a bunch of wood, I haven't had much in the way of free time, and not sure when I will get the computer fixed? So I may be off line for a while, unless I can figure out what's needed, or if I simply have to opt to drop it off somewhere to have it looked at.

I will still try to stop in here when I'm at work, but won't have any access to do any artwork until I get the Mac back up and running. - Good luck to everyone. I plan to stop by later to vote.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

01 Dec 2015 21:10 - 01 Dec 2015 23:28 #12925 by Atto
Sorry to hear the family isn't well Dave - my wife was suffering from something very similar last week - we thought it was food poisoning but perhaps we now know better?! Hope you get that Mac sorted soon too, you'll be missed during the challenges until you do.

Oh yeah Charlotte, Faith No More was definitely one of them, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Pantera to name a few more.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

03 Dec 2015 14:14 #12927 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Atto. They are both getting better, albeit slowly. And since it was passed along, we think it's a virus, but at first thought it might have been food poisoning for my son as well. But when the wife caught it, we realized it probably wasn't.... As for the computer, it's not looking good. I actually looked at it some last night, and wasn't even able to get it to boot up in safe mode as I was able to do last week. May just have to take to Apple to have the system tested. :angry:

03 Dec 2015 21:44 #12932 by Charlotte
Dave, sounds like it can be a Norovirus, which often spread through food but also spread really easily between patients. (Winter vomiting disease I think it's called too... Lovley name...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Dec 2015 17:22 #12953 by Digital Dave
Yeah, the name says it all doesn't it.. :) Well, not sure what the heck this was, but it seems to be over now, or at least not like it was. They are both feeling better now, though the wife says she still has somewhat of a sick feeling off and on. All I know is it seems to attack brutally, like beating you with a giant rubber mallet until you have nothing left in ya. And once this is done in say 4 to 6 hours of constant punishment, you feel like you've been run over by a truck! They both said they hurt allover when it was done, and this didn't go away for days. ... I'm just amazed I didn't catch it being I was around them the whole time taking care of them, at least not yet! - But ya never know, Christmas is just around the corner. ;) :lol:

As for my computer, still nothing. I haven't had much of any free time to work with it. I have plans to try some stuff this weekend coming, but think I may just end up having to put it in the shop to see what can be done.