April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN November 2015 - Dragon Slayer - WIPs

15 Nov 2015 01:27 #12814 by Atto
Looking good Micro - reminds me of those first sneak peeks of the second three star wars films where you just got these glimpses of misty forms moving through a swamp.

Didn't get much time on mine tonight but heres a little detail of the wizards face. In my mind he's now the villain of the piece playing on the warriors sense of valour and loyalty to remove a threat to himself.
A little happier with this face but it doesn't read as well as I think it should when its part of the whole image.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Nov 2015 02:50 #12815 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Valence. Yeah, that first was more just me trying to force myself to come up with something, so not much creativity or thought in it. But then I got the idea to have him walking away, toward the viewer, after the slaying. ... Still not sure how much time I will have for this one though, but I'm trying. ;)

Micro, liking the greens and browns already. Look forward to seeing how ya work it all up.

Atto, nice idea, and agree the faces look good. Like how ya can see an image in the (crystal ball?).

Schizo, that's looking pretty cool. I really like the POV, something I keep saying I need to work on more, but never do. :)

Small update, just trying to add some color to work with, and trying to work out an outfit of sorts...

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

16 Nov 2015 05:06 #12818 by microscopi

Thanks Atto, the first environment sketches you did were really good, had
a really big feeling of scale, and the character sketch was also pretty cool

You've changed your idea so much, I really think you have something with the last sketch, I like all the initial detail in his face, will look awesome when he's all detailed.

Cherry, that's a lot different then your usual style, but I like it a lot. Can't wait for an update, it's looking great so far.

Schizo really awesome design and perspective, he really reminds me of a praying mantis dragon which is a cool mashup, I am not sure about that text tho, bit creepy!

Dave, you changed your idea a couple times too, like both of them, but the first one is my fav as I just like the composition, although having the dragon in the background dead is a nice touch!

Worked up mine more, my shoulder is on fire tho, I think I should take a rest in between more, i'm still taking oxycodon which really affects my 'mood' sometimes but keeps the pain away!
Attachments:

16 Nov 2015 13:43 - 16 Nov 2015 14:27 #12822 by CherryGraphics
Hooray really great new stuff appeared since I was a bit cold. :woohoo:

Thanks a lot for all of the nice comments so far :) I wanted to try out another style - and I have a lot of fun doing this. :)

so I have to take my pencil and move on .. it's time for more of my dragon - slayer - girl ... thing. . :D

WIP 3

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

17 Nov 2015 12:28 #12823 by Valence
Looking good Cherry. I like the hair transforming into wispy clouds. They have a nice fluffy texture to them too.

17 Nov 2015 14:15 #12824 by CherryGraphics
Thanks Val. I thought this could be a nice way to get a connection between fore- and background. :)

Just began with the dragon. It should be half a tattoo and half alive. So hopefully I cn fill it with life at the end :D

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

17 Nov 2015 21:07 - 17 Nov 2015 21:10 #12825 by SchizophreniaWolf
Atto: Your dragonslayer needs to find another job, lol, he's having a serious burnout! ;) Nice expression on the face, he looks a bit like charly sheen.

microscopi: Hey Micro, thx! I always wanted to design an atypical dragon, but never took the time. You already have a nice atmosphere in your entry, and I like your design of a dragon too. It has some pocemon-style in it.
Yeah I know, the text :dry: but its a story behind the dragon, I'll post it another time.

CherryGraphics: I realy like your entry, that asian touch, beautiful natural colors, a tattooed mädchen :whistle: , make some room for another medal! ;)

Digital Dave: Nice dog :) and a cool he-man-dude, he can slay my dragon anytime rrrrr :P

17 Nov 2015 22:32 #12826 by oaktree
I've been calling by and voting when I can thought it was about time I started sketching again. So here is a very rough start to get me going.
Attachments:

18 Nov 2015 07:22 #12827 by Kodabble
So many dragons being slayed :S . So I thought maybe a defender of this endangered species ;) .
Anyway here is my sketch for an idea I had:

Attachments:

18 Nov 2015 19:01 - 18 Nov 2015 19:02 #12828 by oaktree

Some more sketching from me.. My usual avatar is in hiding.
Attachments: