April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Zodiac Challenge - Virgo - WIPs

20 Aug 2015 16:56 #12077 by Charlotte
Virgo (August 23 - September 22)

The zodiac challenge will aim to run for the entire zodiac year and work with the timescale of each zodiac sign. This is a 'just for fun' challenge, but you will have a lovely set of horoscope images if you choose to take part. Kazky will be the main moderator for these challenges so contact her if you have questions or issues.

We will be sticking to the western zodiac, apologies to other zodiacs :)
Research each sign and depict it however you interpret it.

Deadline: September 20th (note 20th, not 22nd)
Finals submission thread: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...allenge-virgo-finals

Rules in brief:
All challenge entries must be your own work.
You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
Each member may cast one vote.
No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2015 18:54 #12079 by Robin

I missed the last zodiac challenge but not this time, nope I got this, I got this shizel - handled, check it out, first WIP of "the maiden" - THE EVER FRAGGING MAIDEN OF DOOM!!! oh, you don't even know how hard I'm about to rock this shit, you might as well all go home, nothing to see here - nothing but pure awesome!!!!! beware of the awesome - you can go blind from awesome - that's science. (spooky hand gestures) whispers - awesome...
Attachments:

20 Aug 2015 18:59 #12080 by Charlotte
lol you don't scare us Robin. We LIKE awesome! :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

20 Aug 2015 19:36 #12081 by Robin
Yeah, but I didn't cut this awesomeness with baby powder or rat poison like you're supposed to, no this is 100% pure Bolivian AWESOMENESS!!! you think you can handle this?!, you think you can handle this?!!! you're all gonna OD on awesome!!! - beware the signs children, beware the signs - the awesomeness is all around yo- oh, hey that's where I put my meds...

21 Aug 2015 06:10 #12084 by CherryGraphics
omg... too much of agitation here in the morning - thanks to Robin. ..... :woohoo: No just kidding :D

Hurray a Virgo-thread - i was already waiting for this. :D

As for LEO I go with some kind of the original story behind the zodiac.

The virgo is no one less than the daughter of Demeter, the goddess of the harvest, and Zeus. Hades abducted her, took her to his Underworld and made her his wife.
Zeus decided she has to live half a year with her mother and the other half in the Underworld with Hades. So I show a scene where the virgo, Persephone, spends her time in the Underworld, having the the gift of fertility to change the underworld a bit for her own pleasure.

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

21 Aug 2015 13:28 #12087 by microscopi
Robin did you have a red bull with coffee grounds for breakfast :woohoo: That's a lot of awesomeness happening up in here, I don't know if I should be intimidated or inspired, but she has a great flow to her so far, and that butt, it's going to be something I can tell already :P

Cherry the serenity is coming through in yours, like the composition you have so far, interesting what is that a guiser coming up from the ground, she could have a shower the opposite way, looks good so far :P

31 Aug 2015 13:28 #12186 by CherryGraphics
:whistle: Helloooo...? Hadn't a lot of time at least :/ But here's a little WIP of my virgo. :)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

31 Aug 2015 14:29 #12187 by Valence
Hellooo back to you! :)
That's looking very nice there, Cherry. The colour combination is creating a lovely mood. Looking forward to this.

Robin: We're all patiently waiting for the next stage of awesomeness!

31 Aug 2015 18:24 - 31 Aug 2015 18:26 #12188 by Robin
You know...I feel that the word "mediocre" doesn't get bandied about nearly as often as it should, it's a great word and yet almost completely ignored, well not by this guy, now understand that I don't use the word "hero" lightly but yeah, I think that in certain cultures they would definitely see the heroic side of me abandoning such a fickle and frankly overused word like awesome, plus it probably isn't even a real word, it probably isn't even in the dictionary - NO!! don't look - just take my word for it, and so, yeah, I'll be striking out for the stormy sea's of mediocrity...so yeah...later then, heh.

31 Aug 2015 19:56 #12189 by Valence
:lol:
Sorry, but if you're looking for mediocre I'm gonna have to fight you for it. There just isn't enough to go round. And all that mediocrity is mine. Mine!
Yes, it's a very fine line between meagre and mega, especially if you're a bit deaf.
And who needs extraordinary? I'm already ordinary, why would I want any extra ordinary? I have more than enough ordinary, thank you very much.

And with that in mind, here are some scribbles...

I did take it a bit further but didn't like it so I'll backtrack to this last wip and try again.
Sadly there's no deep story or meaning or symbolism yet. I'm just trying for one of those vacant pretty faces and let's see what happens. Hopefully it won't look the same as the faces in my previous pictures. But it probably will.
Attachments: