April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN July 2015 Challenge - Mad Hatter's Tea Party

22 Jul 2015 13:38 #11817 by CherryGraphics
Thanks micro - this is exactly what I wanted - a book illustration. :) it's really hard to try another style which isn't your own. Still have enough to do :ohmy:

susie:
good shading so far! like the color of the mad hatter a lot - looks a bit crazy - unnatural - purple :D

Val:

or perhaps I should just pose and strut in front of a mirror whilst waving a teapot around and hope that no-one can see me!

:lol: :lol: :lol: well I would love watching you doing this :D

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jul 2015 23:49 #11818 by Susie1981
Thanks Guys, had a evening in and got quite a bit more done. Hope you like :)

Attachments:

27 Jul 2015 01:13 - 27 Jul 2015 01:14 #11844 by Quetzal
Hello! after too long a hiatus, I decided to get back to online challenges... here is my Alice sketch
Attachments:

27 Jul 2015 01:23 #11845 by Quetzal
mmm, maybe I should have had less of the "drink me" bottle....the image came out tiny!

27 Jul 2015 09:43 #11846 by Banj
The "insert" button is your friend Quetzal :whistle:

27 Jul 2015 10:19 - 27 Jul 2015 11:39 #11847 by CherryGraphics
Wonderful sketch Quetzal! I really hope you can have more progress the last 5 days! Alice looks really special :)

Good progress susie! :)

So I think I'm done with this. :) I wanted a book illustration and I think I got it the way I wanted. :lol:

BTW: .... where are the FINAL threads? I can't see one for this challenge - nor for the zodiac? ^^

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

27 Jul 2015 11:45 #11848 by Valence
Quetzal: Great first sketch, I love the amount of detail, there's lots to look at and enjoy. And it's a lovely depiction of Alice.
And as Banj said, when you add the file click the insert button to make it display in the post.

Cherry: This is turning out exactly as I'd hoped it would. All the way through this month I've been quietly thinking, "That would look great as a book illustration with the text alongside it." And now that's exactly what you've done. Brilliant!

27 Jul 2015 12:58 #11849 by CherryGraphics
hehe that makes me happy Val :blush: :lol:

Facebook / Behance

27 Jul 2015 14:06 #11850 by jessie
I had to pop in and see how things were going in this challenge. Sad I didn't get to participate but it's probably for the best with the amazing work in here already!

CHERRY!!! I"m in love with that style you have created in this piece! I think you nailed it this time!

27 Jul 2015 17:25 #11852 by Charlotte
There is now a finals thread: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...d-hatter-s-tea-party

(Sorry about that: there was a glitch when I set up the challenges that wouldn't allow me to post anything whatsoever in the finals section and once the glitch was removed I had forgotten all about it.... :blush: )

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.