April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN - June 2015 - IT Movie Poster - Pennywise remake - WIPS

25 Jun 2015 22:13 #11500 by ArtbyAlReid
Thank ya Valance. Yeah playing with a spider hand idea. Have to say your poster looks amazing. You've come a long way! Creepy skin and love the lighting.

Micro and Cherry I've actually no chance of topping the reference picture but it should stretch me as a challenge. Great vibe on your poster Cherry. Classy IT font and the subtle children really work.

Kaz! I shouldn't have left it so long. Great to see the forum looking well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jun 2015 23:13 #11501 by ArtbyAlReid
Quick update. Inking next.

Attachments:

26 Jun 2015 06:17 #11503 by CherryGraphics
Thank you all :lol:

the update is really nice - it's awesome how you use your lines for shading. reminds me a bit of old engravings :) (something like Wilhelm Busch would have used for Max & Moritz :D)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

26 Jun 2015 11:39 #11506 by Banj

I have no idea how you would even start to model an origami paper boat...

Me neither, that's the second attempt (not including the stand in I had at the beginning). I tried to model it the same way a real one is built (which would have made texturing easier), but that wasn't working out and at a certain point you have to push and pull the shape in a way that doesn't work so well in a modelling app. So I ended up just bodging something.

26 Jun 2015 14:34 #11517 by ArtbyAlReid
Thanks Cherry influenced by Marc Silvestri and Frank Cho at the moment. Frank Cho describes some inking technique he uses in relation to old wood carvings. He's so precise with it.

Attachments:

26 Jun 2015 19:51 - 26 Jun 2015 19:53 #11530 by Valence
Haywire: Wow! Last to start, first to finish. You deserve a prize just for that alone!
You've completed a whole picture in the time it takes me to find the right font. :lol:

Speaking of which, I am truly sick of looking at typefaces. I haven't painted anything for days (digitally, at least) and instead have spent far too much time typing and moving things about. But no more.
I did discover that pretty much everything micro said about my picture was exactly true (thanks again!) and I now have three versions I'm pondering over with slightly different fonts.
No more work, just a decision to be made over the weekend.

26 Jun 2015 20:55 #11532 by ArtbyAlReid
I found an almost right font and painted over it Valence. :D If I don't finish them quick these days I usually don't finish them at all. :blink:

26 Jun 2015 22:24 #11535 by SchizophreniaWolf
I wanted to join all month, this evening I had some time wooohooo :pinch:

Attachments:

26 Jun 2015 22:33 #11536 by kazky
Oh great idea schizo! Glad you're in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

27 Jun 2015 13:40 #11546 by Valence
Schizo!!! And I thought Haywire was a late entry. :)
I've been patiently waiting to see what mind-bending horrors you could could come up with and this one doesn't disappoint!