April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN - June 2015 - IT Movie Poster - Pennywise remake - WIPS

24 Jun 2015 19:09 #11479 by ArtbyAlReid
Ello troops!

This challenge is right up my dark alley! Glad I popped by for a look.

Quick sketch based on photographic reference by Colin Stebbing / bgphotographer.co.uk/

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2015 19:42 - 24 Jun 2015 19:43 #11480 by Valence
Cherry: The cracked face looks much better now. And I notice a better ear too. Well done.

Banj: The texture of the kerb looks very authentic in the way it catches the light. And I have no idea how you would even start to model an origami paper boat yet even without the newspaper texture it looks correct.

Haywire: Excellent first sketch. And is that gonna be a creepy spider hand? (shudder) I don't want to know! :ohmy:

I'm almost finished with mine. I just have some final decisions about how bright to make the dripping blood logo and how much of the text to leave in. (I think I overdosed on text but it was great fun!) I've tried to cram everyone on this thread into the credits so sorry if I've left anyone out (ie latecomers like Haywire. Oops.) There's only a finite amount of space there and it's not as if you're all getting royalties of anything. :P 5% of nothing is still nothing. :lol:

Attachments:

24 Jun 2015 22:39 #11484 by microscopi
Looking great Haywire, I can see you doing all kinds of things with this design.

Val tthe text on top of your clowns forehead would look better a little further down and in the middle spaced out, dont be afraid to cover his forehead, it will give off the poster look more. I think all the little additions are a nice touch though :lol: The top text should be moved down to the bottom of the poster and just have the reviews there, and also should be in block letters and less brightness, just my ideas, it's looking almost done now! Last suggestion about the text, the warning label stands out too much atm, along with the brightness of the letters, I think would look great rusty and bleeding with some scratches or something to match rest of the clowns texture. Just an idea

The boat looks great, I'd do it with some beveled boxes and add some inside but it actually looks like folded peices of paper which is pretty cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

25 Jun 2015 00:34 #11486 by Valence
Thanks micro, you made some good observations there.
I can now see that the 18 certificate box is fighting against the cross on the opposite side. The box is usually black on a white background and inverting it has made it too prominent. I think a thinner line may work.
And yes I was very afraid of covering the forehead! :) If I can overcome that fear then swapping the positions of the tagline and reviews (and spacing them out evenly) could be a better option.

25 Jun 2015 06:28 #11488 by SchizophreniaWolf
Valence!: That's great ha! I'm in your movie, can I play Georgie?

Attachments:

25 Jun 2015 08:06 #11489 by kazky
wow Valence, that looks very impressive, it really came together great! and love the credits, thank you :)

Al, finally you joined us!! :) welcome home

Schizo, you've seen the movie right?? :D

25 Jun 2015 09:26 - 25 Jun 2015 09:38 #11491 by CherryGraphics
wonderful sketch Hay! btw ... the picture looks scary enough so I'm really curious how your clown will turn out :)

Val this looks like a real poster now :) just one thought: as micro said, use just block letters and maybe use another font for the sentence if you'll keep it.

I also changed the font a bit and gave credit to the children. :)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

25 Jun 2015 11:20 #11493 by kazky
brilliant Cherry! again it came together fantastically! i love the 'IT' and the credits, just brilliant

25 Jun 2015 13:32 #11494 by Valence
I can be such an idiot sometimes! I've just had to Google to work out what "block lettering" means! D'oh. <headslap> (Clearly I haven't filled out enough forms in my life.)
But now I understand: Capital letters for the tagline. Gotcha.

Cherry: Looks nice with credits. Really well balanced as a whole.

Schizo: You want to be Georgie?! You just love gruesome deaths, don't you? :) Well it's better than being that writer with the stylish clip-on ponytail.

25 Jun 2015 13:49 #11495 by kazky

Well it's better than being that writer with the stylish clip-on ponytail.

John Boy, you're dissing John Boy?

:) yep i agree though