April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN - June 2015 - IT Movie Poster - Pennywise remake - WIPS

22 Jun 2015 22:26 #11455 by kazky
No your right micro, I worded it wrongly, I should have elaborated, it was a shortened version just to explain the scene.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jun 2015 22:47 #11456 by microscopi
Oh nice the apps working :lol: Yea that part is pretty brutal Kaz, I think i'm going to read the book before the new version comes out, I always like to see how they make it based of what I can imagine.

22 Jun 2015 23:37 #11457 by Susie1981
Done a bit more tonight, I am enjoying this one a bit more now.
Thanks Micro, always get nervous with hands - but got to keep trying :)

Keep thinking about incorporating the spider but nothing is sticking at the moment.....

Attachments:

23 Jun 2015 10:35 #11461 by Banj

That looks cool with GI Banj, does it take long to render in modo? The design is pretty interesting I like :woohoo:

Modo's renderer is pretty fast (faster still in the latest version released a week or two ago). There isn't actually much of anything in the scene that would cause it to take any time so that only took a few seconds, maybe a minute (and it only took that long because of the preset fur grass I slapped in there).

23 Jun 2015 13:13 #11462 by CherryGraphics
Oh wow what great updates :D

Susie: I like the "booo?!" - expression on the clowns face :) Don't know if you really need spiders - but hey, maybe a big net in the background could be nice.

banj: that's a really cool 3D modelling of the first big scene from it. pls more :)

micro: oh wow this clown would give me nightmares! He looks especially creepy AND cute somehow at the same time :o

val: hey that's cool! Good decision to give more space to the picture for this graveyard scene :) And the red silhouettes spelling IT is also really nice. Rim light will be a great touch as someone else already said (I've read it, I'm just to lazy to look at all the comments who was it :whistle: )

I reduced the crack on the cheek a bit and played around with a little bit more light. that's all. i think I'm done. :lol:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

23 Jun 2015 21:47 - 23 Jun 2015 21:50 #11469 by microscopi

That looks cool with GI Banj, does it take long to render in modo? The design is pretty interesting I like :woohoo:

Modo's renderer is pretty fast (faster still in the latest version released a week or two ago). There isn't actually much of anything in the scene that would cause it to take any time so that only took a few seconds, maybe a minute (and it only took that long because of the preset fur grass I slapped in there).

Going to give that a try, I used to use 3dsmax for everything before going 2D. It's more like playing with lego's tho then drawing. Made this based off a feng zhu sketch usingn 3dsmax and GI, but it took about 30 min to render, it was about 10 yrs ago tho.

Cherry, the scratches are looking better now, you think my penny is cute !? Oh my, you should go on some proper dating sites.. :lol:

Jessie keep it going, its getting there !
Attachments:

23 Jun 2015 22:59 #11470 by Banj
This (at least the 1600x900 version I rendered before I resized it to post here) took just under 5 minutes, but I haven't spent any time setting up the render yet. Still has crappy grass, doesn't have running water, and needs more leaves and stuff... and a newspaper... and stuff.

Attachments:

24 Jun 2015 05:12 #11473 by microscopi
The textures look great already, :woohoo: especially the rust, the water puddle next to the grate looks too square atm tho, like the water reflection and the lighting on the paper boat looks convincing.

24 Jun 2015 05:35 #11474 by CherryGraphics
Yeah the textures are looking nice so far banj! I don't have any experience with 3D modeling at all - but it looks really precise. :)

hehe thanks micro I'm glad the cracks are looking better now. :) While reading the book (250 pages so far - 1300 to read :oh my: ) I'm still thinking about placing a little ballon somewhere, but I'm not sure yet.

and yes I couldn't believe it myself that I've said I think your clown is cute - but it is! It's just the eye-nose-area. The form of the eyes maybe, the black with this shine it is... cute. yeah. sorry :P

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

24 Jun 2015 16:59 #11478 by Banj
Thank you both.

Microscopi, what you were seeing as a puddle was actually just a shadow caused by an edge where the road angles toward the curb, I've cleaned it up a little since then. Still needs the running water to stop the texture less newspaper boat from floating (we all float down here) in the air.

Attachments: