April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN May 2015 - The Sorcerer's Apprentice - WIPs

28 May 2015 20:17 #10842 by Dragon6261

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 May 2015 20:50 #10844 by Valence

Well my first Wip was me

Brilliant! I would never have guessed! :cheer: You were clearly inspired by last months self portrait challenge.

Kodabble: It's looking good with colour. I think just changing the angle of the folds over the knee will help with the leg issue. And maybe a cast shadow underneath. You're working very quickly there, I'm impressed. Hope you get it finished in time.

Ed: Damn those dust gathering pens! YouTube is to blame for many of the world's problems. :)

28 May 2015 21:39 #10845 by kazky
Aww hi dragon :)

29 May 2015 06:30 #10852 by CherryGraphics

Probably move his robe up to expose his knee.

Kodabble, this is exactly what i was thinking as a perhaps-solution. :) Give it a try!

Dragon I have believed that the first WIp was you - really :D It looked like a photo with filtres and a bit messy erased background - but I wouldn't have told this just because .. if it wasn't so it could be a bit embarrassing for me. :silly:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

29 May 2015 10:17 #10856 by Dragon6261

Well my first Wip was me

Brilliant! I would never have guessed! :cheer: You were clearly inspired by last months self portrait

It was
Cherry; no need to be embarassed

29 May 2015 14:14 - 29 May 2015 14:28 #10858 by microscopi
Looking good dragon, I think its great to be an inspiration to yourself, the 3D sorcerer is looking great, the lighting is realistic over the surface and color gives it an added mysterious feel.

Ed you should really submit as far as you have done, try to keep working and finish more if you can it does have a nice depth with that background and interesting character you made there, face looks great.

Kod looking awesome, glad you got another update out there, hopefully you manage to finish in time, I really like your character designs, colors are a good choice so far. Nice story development.

I'm at a point where I could submit mine, but I can't stop obsessing over details, and getting to make it look 'cleaner' as thats somethjng my stuff needs, but at some point just have to say OK I'm done. Hopefully soon!

29 May 2015 14:34 #10859 by SchizophreniaWolf
Hello all, been away for a while, fighting tigers, bringing down gunships as usual ... . Here's an update, I'm using pictures here and there, hope everybody is ok with that. But not for the characters (only the pointing hand). I drawing characters faster than looking for just the right picture. Anyway, I wrote a little story about this paint.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Here’s the story. The Boy is Franklin. He ran away from home because his parents didn’t understand his affection with crazy great gandpa. Great grandpa was a very violent man when he was younger, and alot of people hate him for that. Althou he was a very intelligent man, now the shame and guilt is eating him and he want to fix it, with magic, but offcorse he’s to fucked. His family broke with him. But Franklin thinks his really a wizard and wants to learn from him. The boy didn’t want to be found by his parents so he created a spell to keep them away. But without him knowing the parents died in a car accident while looking for him. They started looking for themself because they had the feeling the police didn’t care to much. Franklin and crazy Great grandpa roam the city for days and franklin gets sucked into the madness. When grandpa thinks he has found a sollution he brings Franklin home, but find a empty house. The neighbors saw them go in and called the police. The two are brought to the station. When the cops tell grandpa that the parents of Franklin died while looking for there him he gets so upset that he dies from an hartattack, he blamed himself for it and he coundn’t take it anymore. Now Franklin is alone, filled with guild himself, and there is no way to fix it… maybe with magic… .

© SchizophreniaWolf
Attachments:

29 May 2015 16:10 #10861 by SchizophreniaWolf
Attachments:

29 May 2015 19:35 #10863 by Valence
Schizo: The bear on the man's hat is fantastic. And I love all his little badges.... Is that an Atari one I see there? :woohoo: Super Cool! I want one.
Keep building up the values on the legs and feet, the kid's legs still look a little transparent.
Please finish! :)

30 May 2015 22:46 #10897 by Dragon6261
Excellent job Valence!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence