April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Dec. 2014 Challenge - Seasons Greetings - WIP

05 Dec 2014 22:57 #7512 by kazky

Haha, I thought it looked kind of awful, but if you guys like it I'll continue.

Ooh you must continue, it's looking gorgeous

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2014 23:00 #7513 by octoberstormxx

Ooh you must continue, it's looking gorgeous

Maybe I just feel this way because I never do landscapes. I usually avoid them and consider myself a portraiture artist.

06 Dec 2014 06:25 #7517 by Digital Dave
Great theme that should produce some nice works. Look forward to seeing them.

I'd actually like to partake in it myself, if anything else, just to get me back into some artwork. But I'm dealing with some major issues with my mom right now.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

07 Dec 2014 17:20 #7548 by Domtopia
Sorry to hear about your "issues" Mr. Dave. Hopefully you can get stuck into something on this challenge.

Oct, I love the start you have made on your traditional piece. It is going to be lovely, I can feel it!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

09 Dec 2014 11:18 #7608 by CherryGraphics
Well I hope there will be some more for this challenge? Hey guuuuys - where are you?

Until now I worked out Thorin, the grumpy christmas tree.. eh ... deer. :D

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

10 Dec 2014 01:09 #7615 by octoberstormxx

Sorry to hear about your "issues" Mr. Dave. Hopefully you can get stuck into something on this challenge.

Oct, I love the start you have made on your traditional piece. It is going to be lovely, I can feel it!

Same here, Dave. Hope things get better! :)

Awww, Dom, you make me blush! I accidentally might have gotten the piece somehow stained... with grease. A fallen potato chip was sitting underneath the drawing and I didn't know it and the paper ended up absorbing it. I was able to fix it with several layers more of coloured pencil, thank goodness. Curse those potato chips.

10 Dec 2014 01:10 - 10 Dec 2014 01:11 #7616 by Valence
Cherry: That's a wonderful facial expression and done in a nicely detailed way. Captures the character's mood perfectly.
Two minor anatomy quirks: The forearms (can't remember the muscle name) seem bulkier than the biceps and given the angle and perspective I'd move the far left hoof up a tiny bit. But then again I find centaur-style anatomy very difficult indeed so I may be very wrong.

I may join in with this later, I have a couple of pics to finish first.

12 Dec 2014 06:26 #7652 by CherryGraphics
Thanks Valence :D Yeah I hope I captured his grumpy and irritated expression. It is so much fun to look into a mirror that way to see how to work it out. xD
I fixed the forearm-biceps-fault - I saw it too. ^^

Hope you'll join - and I hope october will show a new WIP soon. :)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

12 Dec 2014 19:21 - 12 Dec 2014 19:22 #7657 by Valence
*joins in*

Had a couple of ideas for this but I don't think I'd finish the more ambitious one in the time left so I'm going for something rather unoriginal (no change there then! :) )

I thought I'd do a wintery pastiche of John Howe's famous Tolkien book cover featuring everyone's favourite wizard in his festive fancy dress outfit. Yes, it's Gandalf The Red (he looks like Santa anyway!) striding away in the snows of Middle-Earth to deliver some presents to Frodo and the gang where they will no doubt play a game of You Shall Not Pass The Parcel!
I'm also thinking of a Gollum snowman unable to grab his precious ring with his immovable twig arms. But what does a Gollum snowman look like I wonder? Well if I can't work it out then that feature may just disappear. :whistle:

The first pic is the pencil scribble and the second is the laying in of colour.

Attachments:

12 Dec 2014 22:28 #7658 by kazky
This is the less ambitious one Valence?! Love it, looking great, gorgeous work on the snow