March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN Dec. 2014 Challenge - Seasons Greetings - WIP

02 Dec 2014 11:49 - 02 Dec 2014 11:52 #7445 by Banj
Seasons Greetings

Brief: This is an open brief challenge to use your inventiveness and creativity to produce a Fantasy/Sci-fi related seasonal image suitable for a Christmas card.

Deadline: Wednesday 31st December, by midnight GMT. After which voting will begin (Note due to the timing there may be an obvious delay in getting the vote under way)

This is where you posts your WIPs (works in progress). You final entry should be posted over here:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...asons-greetings#7446

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/forums/challenge-rules/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one set of votes, for their 3 favourites.
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Dec 2014 13:28 #7447 by kazky
another blooming Christmas :D

04 Dec 2014 03:38 #7481 by octoberstormxx
This will be a fun challenge, I might go traditional for this. Not sure how I'll make it sci-fi or fantasy yet, but I'll figured out a way, haha.

04 Dec 2014 06:08 #7485 by CherryGraphics
This is a great way to have a christmas challenge. <3

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

04 Dec 2014 12:58 #7495 by CherryGraphics
Here it comes - the spirit of christmas with Elma and Thorin. :lol: :silly:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

04 Dec 2014 19:36 #7496 by octoberstormxx

I'm going to go down the traditional route. I'm thinking a fantasy landscape of castle ruins. Using the following as reference:

hungryxhungryxhippos.deviantart.com/art/...d-stock-52-148343499

05 Dec 2014 07:39 #7499 by SchizophreniaWolf
octoberstormxx: that's already beautiful, storm! Very nice graphical style.
The following user(s) said Thank You: octoberstormxx

05 Dec 2014 08:39 - 05 Dec 2014 08:42 #7500 by kazky

octoberstormxx: that's already beautiful, storm! Very nice graphical style.

I agree

and cherry, I love how you depict your 'mythical-like' creatures

05 Dec 2014 19:22 #7508 by Valence
octoberstrmxx: That's a lovely pastel-ish colour scheme. Both chilly and warm at the same time, which kind of sums up Christmas really. And nicely textured too. What are you doing it with?

Cherry: Even though the lines are loose and sketchy at this early stage the poses still look very solid and well-balanced. It's a good idea and the interaction between the characters is brilliantly expressed. And I like the grumpy expression! :lol:

05 Dec 2014 22:48 #7511 by octoberstormxx
Thanks, guys. The piece is in coloured pencil, I think it weirdly looks like pastel for some reason, but that's probably from all the layering.

Haha, I thought it looked kind of awful, but if you guys like it I'll continue. I had trouble choosing colors for this piece.