March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Site Maintenance from Friday 4th August

Poll: How long will the site be down? (was ended 2017-08-04 00:00:00)

About an hour or two maybe
No votes 0%
An entire day
1 20%
He's definitely going to break it
2 40%
What site?
1 20%
Toothpaste
1 20%
Total number of voters: 5 ( Banj, Digital Dave, Atto, Dragon6261, Charlotte )
Only registered users can participate to this poll
04 Aug 2017 14:23 #17327 by Banj
The site is open now, so everyone is meant to be here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Aug 2017 14:30 #17328 by Digital Dave
So this is the new look then? ... I see there are now new steps to access sub-directory areas, such as using the drop down arrow for selecting what section/s you wish to visit.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

04 Aug 2017 14:35 #17329 by Banj

So this is the new look then? ... I see there are now new steps to access sub-directory areas, such as using the drop down arrow for selecting what section/s you wish to visit.

There has always been a drop down menu allowing you to select sections of the forum, unless you are meaning something else?

04 Aug 2017 14:39 - 04 Aug 2017 14:43 #17330 by Digital Dave
I was saying as you used to see all the sections on the main forums page, and simply clicked the section you wanted to enter. So each time you clicked forums it took you back there. And where you could click the arrows to hide those sections you didn't need/want to see.

I'm just asking since the appearance looks so different now.

04 Aug 2017 14:45 #17331 by Banj
The forum still pretty much works the same. There is a new menu that allows you to filter the display between the main index (which is what you used to see as default with all categories), recent, new, etc.

The forum should also remember any categories you may have collapsed.
Attachments:

04 Aug 2017 14:51 #17332 by Digital Dave
Yep, that's what I was asking about. I see once you click Index, I do see the layout I was speaking about. ... Was just wondering is all. Thanks

04 Aug 2017 14:55 #17333 by Banj
I just realised that the index is not set as default. I think it currently defaults to Recent topics. If people want it changed I can sort that out. But Recent is possibly more useful now that I rmoved the recent topics list from over thataway :arrow:

We also now have the ability to drag and drop multiple image files as attachments instead of selecting them individually.

04 Aug 2017 15:00 - 04 Aug 2017 15:01 #17334 by Digital Dave
That sounds very cool, and will definitely make it easier on posting images.

And yes, that's what I noticed about it defaulting to Recent Topics and not Index. I'm so use to it defaulting back to the Index, this was why I asked. - But as you stated, I actually think having it go to recent topics might be even more useful to most, plus they can always click on index, or change the preference. And yes, I noticed the recent topics being gone, so it makes even more sense.

04 Aug 2017 17:23 #17339 by Charlotte
I never even knew you could/can collaps topics :unsure:

and for the record a day is a 24 hour period. When I checked in I wasn't sure you'd have gotten started already... :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

04 Aug 2017 17:29 #17340 by Banj

I never even knew you could/can collaps topics :unsure:

Yep, there's a button on the end of each section header that collapses the section. We also have star rating for threads now (and the gallery ratings are now working again), and proper social share buttons on threads. Tapatalk no longer breaks the Facebook feed. You also now have a proper button for setting the date in voting polls.